Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Cashew Coffee is a delicious, creamy, satisfying coffee drink that uses raw, unsalted cashews blended together with hot coffee. No need for coffee creamer, half and half, or milk! (dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten-free)
Table of contents
Hi Everyone, Cashew Coffee – did you know this phenomenon exists?
I feel like it’s my personal role in life to bring new and delicious ways to make coffee to this blog.
This Cashew Coffee is great because it is a totally dairy-free/non-dairy way to get a creamy, satisfying cup of coffee.
It’s also satisfying vegetarian, vegan, Paleo, and Gluten-Free diet lifestyles.
A Note on Blenders
If you have a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, it will have an easier time blending the cashews and you do not have to soak them overnight.
I currently have a Kitchen Aid blender and find that the soaking of the cashews overnight, helps achieve a creamier, more smooth texture.
Keep in mind there may be some cashew bits at the bottom, that just means that you have to blend longer or just make sure you don’t add them into the coffee.
- 1/4 cup cashews, raw, unsalted, soaked overnight (ideally)
- 8 ounces hot black coffee
- sweetener of choice (optional)
- coffee maker
- heat safe mug
- high-powered blender
- 1/4 cup measure
Latest Recipes and Posts
If you like this Cashew Coffee recipe, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
This post was originally posted on 3/4/2020 and updated and republished on 9/5/2021.
- Add 1/4 cup soaked cashews (8 hours or overnight*) into your blender.
- Pour your 8 ounces hot black coffee into your blender and put the cover on. Place a folded tea towel over the top just in case, so hot coffee doesn't come out the top. (I keep my hand over the tea towel as it's blending). Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until all the cashews are fully blended.
- Pour the cashew coffee into a heat-safe coffee mug, optionally add a sweetener of choice (this can also be done when blending if you know exactly the amount of sweetener you want), and enjoy!
- A Note on Blenders: If you have a high-powered blender, like a Vitamix, it will have an easier time blending the cashews and you do not have to soak them overnight. I currently have a Kitchen Aid blender and find that the soaking of the cashews overnight, helps achieve a creamier, more smooth texture. Keep in mind there may be some cashew bits at the bottom, that just means that you have to blend longer or just make sure you don't add them into the coffee.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
Libbey 10.5-ounce Irish Coffee Mug, 4-piece Set
Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container, Black - 001372
KitchenAid KSB1575ER 5-Speed Diamond Blender with 60-Ounce BPA-Free Pitcher - Empire Red
The Original Bialetti Moka Express - 6 Cup Stovetop Coffee Maker with Safety Valve – brews 9.2 ounces
Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker, Glass, 34 Ounce, 1 Liter, Copper
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 224mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.