This Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate is waiting for you and warms you up when you come in from the cold. It has a decadent chocolate flavor, topped with marshmallows, shaved chocolate, cinnamon sticks, caramel syrup & chocolate candies.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Hi Everyone, there’s snow on the ground outside…SNOW and there’s a high of 18°F today.
What’s the answer for this weather situation?
Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate.
This makes the perfect amount for a gathering…a hot mug of hot chocolate makes everyone feel welcome 🙂
Special thanks to Eric for being my hand model here 🙂
- unsweetened cocoa
- chocolate bar (unsweetened or bittersweet)
- condensed milk
- heavy cream or whipping cream
- milk (preferably whole or 1% or 2%)
- pure vanilla extract
- your favorite toppings! (see my suggestions in the recipe card below)
- slow cooker
- ladle for serving
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- I have & recommend these glass mugs:
I know you will love this Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate!
- Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Recipe on SoFabFood
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Whipped Cream Cold-Brew Iced Coffee
- Sautéed Purslane
- Air Fryer Kohlrabi Fries
- Massaged Baby Red Russian Kale Salad
- How to Make Basic Fruit Jam without Pectin
- Wineberry Recipes Collection
This recipe was originally published on 1/7/2018 and updated and republished on 2/8/2020, 4/13/2021
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup chocolate (unsweetened or bittersweet), chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 6 cups whole milk, or same amount 1% or 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- In your slow cooker, add the unsweetened cocoa, chocolate (unsweetened or bittersweet), and sweetened condensed milk. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- After 30 minutes, using a whisk, mix ingredients and add the heavy cream.
- Add 6 cups milk and pure vanilla extract and then whisk. Cook on HIGH for 2 more hours or until it's hot.
- Add your favorite toppings like marshmallows, spice mixtures, syrups, and top with candies, enjoy!
This recipe requires a slow cooker.
Tip: Keep a whisk close by the slow cooker so that you can mix the hot chocolate so it's smooth before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Crock-Pot SCV700SS Stainless Steel 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 7 Quart
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
- Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
- Libbey 10.5-ounce Irish Coffee Mug, 4-piece Set
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 426Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 51gProtein: 12g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.