Lavender Simple Syrup is an lavender flower infused syrup perfect to use in drinks. It only takes 3 simple ingredients and less than 15 minutes to make! (vegan, gluten-free)
Lavender Simple Syrup
Hey Everyone, this Lavender Simple Syrup has been something that I’ve been thinking about a lot (for the past 3+ years) but just haven’t gotten around to doing until now. This Spring my blog turned 3 (see my Easy Breakfast Mug Cake post) and it also takes about 3 years for a lavender plant to mature.
My Father-in-Law, Michel, has a lavender farm (and vineyard) near our home and those lavender plants turned 3 years last year (I think!). I’ve had many years to think about using that lavender in recipes and this year I am finally doing it starting off with this Lavender Simple Syrup, a perfect base for more recipes.
It can be used in cocktails, lemonade, etc. – any number of concoctions your creative mind can think of!
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Lavender Simple Syrup
- 4 teaspoons food grade dried lavender flowers (preferably organic) – below is an Amazon link to the exact kind that I used for this recipe, bMAKER (that is, when I run out of my own!)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar (or unrefined raw sugar in the same amount)
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Lavender Simple Syrup
- fine mesh tea infuser
- medium pot
- wet measure
- wooden spoon
- measuring spoons and cups
Tell me, what will you use this Lavender Simple Syrup in? I want to know in the comments below!
I know you will love this Lavender Simple Syrup, I’m dreaming up several ideas as I write this!
I was amazed at how non-herb-y the Lavender Simple Syrup tastes. I would recommend experimenting because you might want it to be lighter or stronger depending on your taste preferences. The amount that I have in the recipe card below is a good middle of the road baseline for strength and flavor. It might also come out different depending on the variety of lavender you get (I took a picture of the variety I used, when it’s in season there are 3 varieties to choose from on the farm, I would probably use the “Grosso” variety which we get the most of). Make it how you want it!
The color that the simple syrup becomes is cool, it’s like this warm purple-grey color. It reminds me of Earl Grey tea. Hmm, that just sparked another idea…
It depends on the variety but it’s usually from late June through August.
(As I write this, it’s May, so we are looking forward to those Lavender blooms coming in the next weeks!)
In addition to the farm, we also have several plants here at our house, so I do have quick access when it blooms. We harvest it and dry it so that we can use it year round. It’s so soothing and relaxing, I just love it!
- 4 teaspoons food grade dried lavender flowers
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar, you can substitute raw sugar in the same amount
- Measure out your ingredients. Put 4 teaspoons food grade dried lavender flowers into a fine mesh tea infuser.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. When the water is boiling, remove the pan from the heat and place on a trivet, drop the tea infuser filled with lavender into the water and cover. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- At the end of 10 minutes, uncover, remove the tea infuser and discard the lavender.
- Mix the lavender-water and the 1 cup of sugar, stir with a spoon until it is completely dissolved. Allow to cool completely. Cover with a lid and store in the refrigerator until use. Enjoy!
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies™ - August 15, 2019
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Iced Coffee - August 15, 2019
- End of Summer 2019 $50 Amazon Gift Card Instagram Giveaway - August 14, 2019