Puff Pastry Baked Brie: I am a contributor to Amanda’s Cookin’ and this recipe first appeared on there as Baked Brie.
Puff Pastry Baked Brie is an easy recipe with fruit, nuts, and jam all wrapped in flaky puff pastry and baked until it is hot and gooey. It tastes great served with your favorite crackers or bread. Make this simple yet satisfying appetizer recipe for your next gathering!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of contents
Puff Pastry Baked Brie
Hi Everyone, I could not be more excited to share this Puff Pastry Baked Brie recipe with you!
It’s the type of recipe that is the perfect intersection of easy-to-prepare and incredibly satisfying.
You can customize it to your tastes and depending on what is seasonally available.
The ways you can customize it are choosing your favorite dried (or even fresh!) fruit, nuts, and jam.
I used apple butter, pistachios, and cranberries for the Baked Brie in the photos which makes a sweet and savory Autumn-themed appetizer.
There are literally millions of ways you can make this Baked Brie recipe your own!
This recipe is very forgiving, amounts can be eyeballed and you do not need any special baking knowledge to try it and it can even be done by your guests while other food is cooking.
I can just imagine this Puff Pastry Bake Brie being served at any holiday gathering or game day.
It’s the kind of recipe that is so delicious and good that you can expect to have people hovering over it.
If you are making it for a large crowd, why not make two with different flavors?
- 1 wheel Brie
- flour for rolling out the puff pastry
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (store-bought from the frozen pastry/dessert section)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter or your favorite jam/jelly, for example, strawberry, raspberry, apricot
- 2 tablespoons shelled, raw pistachios or your favorite dried nuts like pecans, walnuts
- 2 tablespoons cranberries or your favorite dried fruit like raisins, golden raisins, chopped dried apricots, or mixed fruit (chopped if larger pieces)
- 1 tablespoon milk for brushing the top of the puff pastry before baking or you can use an egg wash
- crackers and/or bread for serving
- measuring spoons and cups (optional!) – you can totally get away with eyeballing ingredients with this recipe
- pastry mat as your floured surface
- rolling pin (I like using a French rolling pin)
- parchment paper or silicone baking mat
- rimmed baking sheet
- pastry brush for applying the milk or egg wash
If you make this Puff Pastry Baked Brie recipe, let me know what occasion you make it for in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
If you like this Puff Pastry Bake Brie recipe, check out our other recipes and posts:
- Galette Recipes
- DIY Valentine’s Day Playdough Recipe
- Awesome DIY Playdough Recipe
- Garlic Herb Dry Brine
- Easy Cherry Pie with Puff Pastry Crust
- Chicken Cheese and Veggie Puff Pastry Parcels with Leftovers
- Apple Rose Puff Pastry Recipe
- Easy Breakfast Pastry 3 Ways
- Apple Rose Puff Pastry Recipe
- Breakfast Omelette Egg Cups on SoFabFood
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Apple Blackberry Coconut Crisp
- How to Brown Butter
- Rice Pudding
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Bran Muffins
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This Puff Pastry Baked Brie recipe post was first published on 10/12/2018 and updated and republished on 2/7/2020, 5/24/2021
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or amount needed for rolling out the puff pastry
- 1 round wheel Brie cheese, 8-12 ounces, 5-7 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons apple butter, or your favorite jam, for example, strawberry, raspberry, amount to taste
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, or your favorite nuts, for example, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, or your favorite dried fruit, for example, raisins, golden raisins, chopped apricots, etc.
- bread and or crackers, for serving
- Arrange the baking rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- On a pastry mat, lightly flour the surface. Unfold the puff pastry and place it in the middle of the surface. Roll out the puff pastry until it's about 11 x 11 inches.
- Place the wheel of Brie in the center of the pastry, add the apple butter or jam, add the nuts (pistachios or another type) and dried fruit (cranberries or another type). Wrap the Brie completely in the puff pastry, press against the sides.
- Place the wrapped Brie in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Brush with the milk or egg wash. Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- When it's done baking, allow cooling for 5-10 minutes to set up. Serve with your favorite crackers or sliced French bread, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Bellemain 4 oz. Porcelain Ramekins, Set of 6
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Large
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Non-slip Silicone Pastry Mat Extra Large with Measurements 28''By 20'' for Silicone Baking Mat, Counter Mat, Dough Rolling Mat,Oven Liner,Fondant/Pie Crust Mat By Folksy Super Kitchen (2028, red)
Ateco 20175 French Rolling Pin,20-Inch, Solid Maple Wood, Made in Canada
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 114mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 4gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.