Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers is a no-bake, easy to assemble, strawberry shortcake recipe with macerated fresh mint and strawberries, homemade vanilla whipped cream, and ladyfinger sponge cakes.
Table of contents
Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers
Hi Everyone, ya know when you want to make a strawberry shortcake but you don’t want to turn the oven on to make the biscuits?
That’s when this Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers comes in 🙂
I’ve been wanting to do a strawberry shortcake recipe on the blog forever, especially, with the strawberry season that just happened but we recently got hit with a heatwave and I was thinking, there has got to be a better way.
I had tons of store-bought ladyfingers and whipping cream from a recent tiramisu recipe, tons of fresh mint from my garden, and plenty of strawberries from around the 4th of July and that’s when the inspiration came to make this recipe.
- 1 (3 ounces) package of ladyfingers (sponge cake) can be found in the bakery section at the grocery store
- 1 pound fresh strawberries washed, dried, tops cut, quartered
- 2-4 tbsps granulated white sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves washed, minced
- 1 recipe Vanilla Whipped Cream
Time and the refrigerator do all the work of macerating the strawberries.
You can swap out the granulated white sugar for the same amount of coconut or raw sugar for a more natural sugar or even use maple syrup and/or honey.
Mint and strawberries go so well together and especially with the hot weather, it makes this dessert take a refreshing turn.
I’ll take my strawberries minted now, thank you very much!
Strawberry season (for us in NJ) is as early as May 20th, lasts from June 1st to June 10th, and as late as June 25th.
You can find ladyfingers in the bakery section of your grocery store. Check the date to make sure they are fresh.
Our Other Recipes
If you like this Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers, check out Mixed Summer Berry Trifle, Chia Pudding, and our other Strawberry recipes.
- Pumpkin Pie
- French Flag Tart
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Sweetened Condensed Milk Coffee
- Baked French Toast Casserole
- Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Keto Butter Coffee Recipe
- Cherry Cobbler Recipe
- Tiramisu Trifle Recipe
- Gluten-Free Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
- Irish Coffee
- Coffee with Whipped Cream
- Broiled White Nectarines with Vanilla Whipped Cream
- No-Bake Blueberry Lemon Crumble Cheesecake
- Peanut Butter
- 2019 Easter Brunch Menu
- Strawberry Buttermilk Pancakes
You can get 6 smaller size servings out of this recipe but I would stick with 4 normal-size.
That way you can have some ladyfingers to garnish with.
Of course, you can always get an extra package, if you are like me and enjoy snacking on them, as you are making the dessert 😉
If you make this Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers, let me know what occasion you make it for in the comments below!
This post’s original publish date was 7/8/18, it was updated and republished on 10/16/19, 5/26/2021, 11/15/2021, 5/24/2022
Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers
Strawberry Mint Shortcake with Ladyfingers is a no bake, easy to assemble strawberry shortcake recipe with macerated fresh mint and strawberries, homemade vanilla whipped cream and ladyfinger sponge cakes.
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers (sponge cake), can be found in the bakery section at the grocery store
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, washed, dried, tops cut, quartered
- 2-4 tbsps granulated white sugar, add more sugar if you want the strawberries to be more syrup-y
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, washed, minced or chopped
- 1 recipe Vanilla Whipped Cream, search LLS search bar "Vanilla Whipped Cream"
Prepare the Strawberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix quartered strawberries, sugar and mint. Let sit in the refrigerator for 60 minutes or overnight.
To assemble the Shortcakes
- Place ladyfingers (2-3, leave attached to each other) on a plate, spoon some strawberries over the lady fingers, spoon the vanilla whipped cream over the strawberries, place more ladyfingers on top, Garnish with more whipped cream, a strawberries and mint, serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- Cheesecloth Turkey - June 8, 2023
- Hibiscus Juice - June 7, 2023
- Homemade Coffee Creamer - June 6, 2023
Leave a Reply