Summer Afternoon in Newburyport, MA – This historic city in Massachusetts is perfect for walking, it’s tourist-friendly and abundant in food and shopping. If you are visiting. be sure to take in the waterfront scenery. I’m sharing my Summer afternoon, walking around beautiful Newburyport, MA with my family. (51 photos)
Summer Afternoon in Newburyport, MA
Hi Everyone, I’m sharing photos from my New England visit last Summer (2017). I already shared my Summer Afternoon on Plum Island, Massachusetts; earlier that same day we explored Newburyport which is very close to Plum Island.
Here’s a little bit of information about Newburyport from Wikipedia.com:
Newburyport is a small coastal, scenic, and historic city in Essex County, Massachusetts, United States, 35 miles (56 km) northeast of Boston. The population was 17,416 at the 2010 census. A historic seaport with a vibrant tourism industry, Newburyport includes part of Plum Island. The mooring, winter storage and maintenance of recreational boats, motor and sail, still contribute a large part of the city’s income. A Coast Guard station oversees boating activity, especially in the swift tidal currents of the Merrimack River.
I was pregnant with my son, Marc, when I explored Newburyport with our French cousin, Lucile, my daughter, Margo, and 2 of my nieces, Isabella and Vanessa. Enjoy the photos of our day below!
4. My nieces and my daughter
We had some yummy chocolates and candy from a candy store there.
6. Newburyport is characterized by it’s brick buildings in the town center
7. When we were there, the town was decorated for the upcoming 4th of July.
15. Thanks to Lucile for taking these photos, it’s nice to be able to get in the photos once and awhile.
19. Watching the ducks in the water
22. the ducks of Newburyport, MA
23. It was relaxing watching the ducks below
Recently, I’ve been adding more to the “Travel” content on the blog; to see all of our Travel posts, visit here. There’s still much more to add and I am happy to show you my favorite places to go and places I explore.
Thank you for checking out the pictures and reading along! Best, ~Sara xo
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!