Have you heard of Yummly? Do you “Yum” recipes yet? Want to find out more? I am going to tell you how and why I use it and how useful it is for Foodies and Food Bloggers alike!
Yummly is a Tool for Everyone
If you don’t already know about Yummly, you should because it’s a powerful tool for organizing online recipes. You may have noticed the presence of Yummly via the “Yum” button with the other social media sharing buttons on the left side of every page on Life’s Little Sweets. This button allows anyone to “grab” a recipe they like and save it to their “recipe box” in their Yummly profile. Don’t have a profile on Yummly yet? You can create one on Yummly.com. Gone are the days of bookmarking every site that you want to go back to (
and never do because you can’t find it!); this is a streamlined, organized way of sorting all your online recipes – no matter which website they are from.
The Yummly Mission
About Yummly, quoted from Yummly.com:
Yummly was launched in 2010 by foodies on a mission to invent the ultimate kitchen tool. Whether it’s finding a recipe or going to the store, Yummly wants to make it easier for foodies to do what they love – cook, eat, and share!
Yummly’s mission is to be the largest, most powerful, and most helpful food site in the world.
Features & Benefits
- If you regularly find yourself getting most of the recipes that you make online, you can get the Yummly bookmarklet so that you can easily Yum a recipe, even if the website or blog does not have a Yum button (get the Bookmarklet here). I joined Yummly in June 2015 and regularly use the bookmarklet when browsing recipes online.
- Yummly does what you want it to do, for example, if you need to search or organize recipes by your tastes or ingredients (one of my favorite features), you can easily do that!
- Yummly offers the convenience of being able to be used from any type of device (ex. iPhone, iPad, laptop, android, etc.).
Yummly for Food Bloggers
- There are many benefits to publishing on Yummly, here are a few:
- Access to a wider audience with 15 million monthly unique visitors (as of November 2015)
- More traffic to your site
- Ease of use for your readers
- In mid-August 2015, I became a publisher on Yummly.com. When I publish a new recipe here on Life’s Little Sweets, I “yum” it and it appears on my publisher page. Click the picture below to view Life’s Little Sweets publisher page on Yummly.
- Are you a food blogger and have a website? Click here to be a publisher on Yummly.
If you share on social media, be sure to #lifeslittlesweets and link back to the post, thank you in advance! Do you have any questions? Let me know in the comments below.
If you like this, you may also like:
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Soup Recipes Collection - October 14, 2019
- Wild Blackberry Wineberry Pear Oatmeal Galette - October 10, 2019
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies - October 9, 2019