How to Make Hand Sanitizer – Here is a full tutorial on how to make homemade gel (and directions for spray) hand sanitizer with a few simple ingredients that you might already have in your bathroom closet!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
How to Make Hand Sanitizer
Hi Everyone, I’m sharing a useful tutorial on How to Make Hand Sanitizer.
At the time of my writing this, it’s late March and we are in the midst of the Pandemic.
Remember, using this or any hand sanitizer is no guarantee of protection from the Coronavirus (Covid-19) virus.
Physical distancing from other people is the best protection and handwashing with soap and warm/hot water is best.
- 1 tablespoon Aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup Isopropyl alcohol (60%-99% *must be at least 60% to be effective)
- 3-4 drops tea tree oil
- small bowl
- small whisk
- measuring spoons and cups
- 2-4 ounce bottle(s) with caps
Remember: Handwashing with soap and warm/hot water is the best way to clean your hands.
Use hand sanitizer when you do not have access to running water.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
If you like this How to Make Hand Sanitizer tutorial post, check out our other posts and recipes:
- How To Make Pumpkin Spice Mix
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
- How to Make Dyed Easter Eggs
- Maple Cinnamon Butter
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- Wacky Cake
- Hops Lemon Verbena Mint Simple Syrup
- 17 and 18 Weeks Pregnancy Update
- DIY Bubble Mixture Recipe
- Home Brew Kombucha
- How To Clean a Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Cold Brew Iced Coffee
- Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Unicorn Rainbow Cake
- Kitchen Renovation IKEA Kitchen Inspiration
If you make this Hand Sanitizer, please let us know in the comments below.
Thank you for following and reading along.
- How to Brown Butter
- Rice Pudding
- Food Processor Pizza Dough
- Bran Muffins
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
- In a small bowl add the aloe vera gel, ispropyl alchohol and tea tree oil.
- Whisk to combine.
- Using a funnel, pour it into a small bottle and put a "Hand Sanitizer" label on it. shake well before each use.
- No matter what amount you make, you want to keep it 3 parts isopropyl alcohol to 1 part aloe vera gel.
- The World Health Organization recommends letting the mixture sit for 72 hours before using to kill any bacteria that could have been introduced during the mixing process.
- Remember: Hand washing with soap and warm/hot water is the best way to clean your hands. Use hand sanitizer when you do not have access to running water.
- Remember: Keep this homemade hand sanitizer out of reach of children!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Secure Fit Funnel and Strainer Set
Norpro Stainless Steel Funnels, Set of 3
Vivaplex, 12, Amber, 2 oz Glass Bottles, with Lids
2oz Amber Glass Spray Bottles for Essential Oils (Value Pack (12 Pack)
Vivaplex, 12, Clear, 4 oz Glass Bottles, with Lids
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils