Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe: I am a contributor to Amanda’s Cookin’ and this recipe first appeared on there as Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries are oven-baked with smoked paprika, cumin, onion powder, Kosher salt, and pepper. These savory, healthier for-you fries have less oil (1-2 tablespoons Canola or regular olive oil) than traditional deep-fried sweet potato fries. (vegan, gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Hi Everyone, I could eat Baked Sweet Potato Fries any day of the week or even any time of the day because they are just that good. They have that sweet-salty appeal that makes you want more than just one.
Baked Sweet potatoes are healthier than regular, white potatoes because they have fewer carbs and calories compared to regular white potatoes. They are a good source of Vitamin A, B, C, potassium, magnesium, manganese and choline.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries have become one of my family’s favorite foods to have with lunch or dinner. It’s one of the few recipes that pleases most people in the family (we have a picky kiddo among us). They are healthy as they are satisfying. Plus, the clean up is pretty easy.
RELATED: How to Make Kale Chips (2019)
This recipe serves 1-2 people or 2-4 people with small portions. Sweet potatoes come in all different sizes and the 2 large ones that I used added up to between 3-4 pounds.
Ingredients for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 1-2 tablespoons Canola or regular olive oil
- ground cumin
- ground smoked paprika
- onion powder
- Kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
Kitchen Tools for Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- vegetable peeler
- rimmed baking sheet
- Silpat Silicone Baking mat or parchment paper
- 1 large mixing bowl
- cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- oven mitts
- serving bowl
I would consider this recipe a savory recipe, there’s no sugar added but the sweet potatoes themselves have their own distinct sweetness with their natural sugar.
If you try this Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe and like it, please rate it in the recipe card and let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading and following along!
Latest Recipes and Posts
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- 2-4 pounds sweet potatoes skinned, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1-2 tbsp Canola oil or same amount regular olive oil
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked ground paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Place a silicone baking mat (or parchment) on a rimmed baking sheet, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sweet potatoes, salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, cumin and drizzle the Canola oil. Mix until combined.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out, in a single layer. Use 2 baking sheets if necessary.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes, stirring halfway. If they don't seem ready after 20 minutes, continue baking in 5 minute intervals, until desired amount of browning is achieved. When they are done, remove from the oven. Serve with ketchup or favorite condiment.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
OXO 1137680 Good Grips 3-Piece Peeler Set, 10-inch, Green/Orange/Red
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
ME.FAN 3 Set Silicone Multi-Use Intricately Carved Trivet Mat - Insulated Flexible Durable Non Slip Coasters (Black)
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 878Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1409mgCarbohydrates: 162gFiber: 23gSugar: 52gProtein: 13g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.