Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to prepare with one of our favorite flapjack & waffle mix: Kodiak Cakes. All you need is butter, brown sugar, 1 egg, vanilla, oatmeal, and chocolate chips in addition to the Kodiak Cakes mix.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hi Everyone, it’s nice to have a dessert recipe that can be made easy enough around dinner time that doesn’t require a huge volume of ingredients.
This is a cookie recipe that I can make if I have a little extra time while my 3 kids are occupied. They make awesome snacks (Kodiak Cakes is a protein-packed mix).
By the way, this is not sponsored at all, I just love their product and tried their cookie recipe on the back of the box and have been making this cookie recipe in many variations on repeat a lot lately.
Table of contents
Recipes on the Blog Popular Now
- Dreamy Lemon Lush Dessert Recipe
- Epic Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
- [AD] Dairy-Free Chocolate Cupcakes
- [AD] Peanut Butter and Jelly Strawberry Banana Bread
- Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Lavender Rose Shortbread Recipe
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Crème Brûlée
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
My husband, kids and myself LOVE these cookies. I have also made them with raisins. In these photos, I made them with mint chocolate chunks which were great.
I used a small cookie scoop which makes a cookie that is a nice size for kids and snacks.
I love that this cookie recipe has oatmeal in it. I feel like it’s more nutritious that way. I’ll even enjoy them with my morning coffee.
Hey, there is pancake mix in there after all! That counts as breakfast, right?
I am all for easier-to-make recipes!
I made a few adjustments to the ingredients and added some more detail in my own written directions in the recipe card.
I can fit the cookie dough balls onto 3 standard rimmed half sheets. I bake them one at a time, in the center rack, to ensure an even result.
Recipe Process Photos for Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies
Here are some recipe process photos to help walk you through making these cookies:
You can use a stand mixer but we mix this by hand. I’ll even have my 6 and 2 1/2 year old help me mix – I would call this recipe, “family-friendly.”
If you make this Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte)
- Bunny Bait
- Bubble Coffee Recipe (Boba Coffee)
- How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- No-Knead Bread
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index and visit our Home page to view our latest posts and our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Mix (we use "Buttermilk" variety)
- 1 cup whole oats
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (we have used the same amount chocolate chunks, raisins or mint chocolate chunks)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet(s) with a silicone baking mat(s) or parchment paper, set aside. In a large mixing bowl add unsalted butter and dark brown sugar, cream together. Add the large egg and pure vanilla extract and combine. Add the Kodiak Cakes mix and oatmeal. Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips, mix evenly.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and space out on the prepared rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. I usually do the full time 11 minutes in our electric convection oven.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- OXO Good Grips Small Cookie Scoop
- Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
This recipe post was first published on 8/6/2020; It was updated and republished on 10/6/2020, 1/30/2021, 4/15/2021