Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
This Roasted Fairytale Eggplant recipe has fairytale eggplants, regular olive oil, kosher salt, low sodium soy sauce, sesame seeds, and green onions (scallions). It cooks up in your oven with just 3-4 simple ingredients.
Roasted Fairytale Eggplant
Hi Everyone, have you tried fairytale eggplant?
They are these beautiful, little ideal-looking eggplants that I first discovered through the farmer’s market and CSA share.
Fairytale eggplant is not the large, standard eggplant that you see in the grocery store.
These eggplants are small and cute.
Whenever I see them, I have to get some and they are so fun to work with.
Guest what? They are so easy to roast!
When is eggplant in season?
From July to October
- 1 pint fairytale eggplant, washed, tops cut, halved
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, regular
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, or amount to taste
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced, or amount to taste
- measuring spoons and cups
- rimmed baking sheet(s)
- silicone baking mat
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
I also love fairytale eggplant grilled and pan-fried/sauteed.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy fairytale eggplant? Let me know in the comments below!
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the prepared fairytale eggplant on a baking sheet (use a 2nd one if you need more space). Drizzle the olive oil, soy sauce, kosher salt evenly over the eggplant.
- Bake the eggplant in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Check them halfway and toss them to ensure even baking. The size of the eggplants will determine the baking time, so keep an eye on them and take them out when they are roasted to your desired crispness.
- When they are done, place the eggplant on a plate and sprinkle sesame seeds on them, salt and pepper to taste, and sliced green onions. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baycliff Company Sushi Chef Tuxedo Sesame Seed by Sushi Chef
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes 1.5kg/3.3lbs Tub
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
- Aozita 17oz Glass Olive Oil Bottle - 500ml Dark Brown Oil & Vinegar Cruet with Pourers and Funnel - Olive Oil Carafe Decanter for Kitchen
- Pompeian USDA Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, Full-Bodied Flavor, Perfect for Vinaigrettes and Marinades, Naturally Gluten Free, Non-Allergenic, Non-GMO, 24 FL. OZ., Single Bottle
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- AmazonBasics Silicone Baking Mat Sheet, Set of 2
- Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 8gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!