Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
This Bubble Tea recipe has fresh-brewed, black iced tea (or served hot) with freshly prepared tapioca pearls (Boba) served with or without your favorite sweetener.
Bubble Tea Recipe (Boba Tea)
Hi Everyone, I just love a good sweet tea recipe like this bubble tea recipe!
Have you tried to make the ever popular Bubble Tea (also known as, Boba Tea) at home?
It’s actually very easy once you get all the necessary ingredients: black tea, tapioca pearls (Boba), optional sweetener and creamer of choice – and don’t forget the ice, if you are having it cold!
For this tea recipe, I use my Homemade Coffee Creamer recipe as the milk (or half and half) in the tea.
- 1/2 cup prepared tapioca pearls (Boba)
- 6-8 ounces freshly brewed black tea (I used Pu’er, a Chinese fermented black tea, but any other black tea would work, I linked to the tea in the recipe card at the end of the post)
- 2-3 tablespoons simple syrup, or amount to taste – check out our many simple syrup recipes in our “Simple Syrups Recipe Collection” below
- 1/4 cup milk or creamer of choice, optional, amount to taste
- about 1 cup ice, if having cold
- tea kettle
- colander – for making the tapioca pearls (Boba)
- heat safe mug (if having hot) or tall glass (if having iced)
- T-sac or mesh metal tea strainer
- wide straw, specifically for drinking bubble tea
What is Pu’er tea?
I’ve always loved the depth of flavor that is in Pu’er tea. It’s truly a lovely, smokey tea and having it in Bubble Tea, makes the Bubble Tea more interesting and tasty to enjoy.
According to Wikipedia, Pu-er tea is:
Pu’er or pu-erh is a variety of fermented tea traditionally produced in Yunnan Province, China. In the context of traditional Chinese tea production terminology, fermentation refers to microbial fermentation and is typically applied after the tea leaves have been sufficiently dried and rolled.
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices
- How to Meal Plan
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
- 1/2 cup prepared tapioca pearls (Boba)
- 6-8 ounces freshly brewed black tea
- 2-3 tablespoons simple syrup or another sweetener of choice, amount to taste
- 1/4 cup whole milk, half and half or another creamer, optional
- 1 cup ice
- Prepare the tapioca pearls (Boba) according to the package's instructions or view our recipe tutorial: How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls
- Brew the black tea and allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Add the tapioca pearls to a glass, add ice, pour the tea over the ice, add the milk (or creamer of choice) and adjust the flavors, as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
200g / 7.05oz 2006 Top Yunnan Aged Lucky Dragon puer Puerh Pu-erh Ripe Cake Chinese Black Tea
Numi Organic Tea Emperor's Pu-erh, Black Tea, 16 Count of Tea Bags, Pack of 1 (Packaging May Vary)
[Angled Tips] 8 Pcs Reusable Boba Straws & Smoothie Straws - Multi Colors Jumbo Wide Reusable Straws, BPA FREE Food-Grade Plastic Straws for Bubble Tea(Tapioca, Boba Pearls), Milkshakes with 2 Brushes
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Libbey Heavy Base Tumbler Glasses, Set of 8
Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
Teapot Kettle with Warmer - Tea Pot and Tea Infuser Set - Glass Tea Maker Infusers Holds 3-4 Cups Loose Leaf Iced Blooming or Flowering Tea Filter- Teapots Kettles Tea Strainer Steeper Tea Pots
OXO BREW Classic Tea Kettle
COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle with 5 Variable Presets, Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle, 100% Stainless Steel Inner Lid & Bottom, 1200 Watt Quick Heating, 0.8L, Silver
T-Sac Tea Filter Bags, Disposable Tea Infuser, Number 2-Size, 2 to 4-Cup Capacity, Set of 200
Fu Store 2pcs Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball 2.1 Inch Tea Infuser Strainers Tea Strainer Filters Tea Interval Diffuser for Tea
Pioneer Women Flee Market Creamer Cow Teal Blue
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 498Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 112gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.