Hibiscus Tea: This post originally appeared on the bMAKER blog as Hibiscus Tea Recipe.
This Hibiscus Tea recipe uses dried hibiscus flowers and can be served unsweetened or sweetened with honey or your favorite sweetener and garnished with lime slices. Enjoy the many health benefits of hibiscus with this lovely warm weather sipper! (vegan option, gluten-free)
Hi Everyone, looking for the perfect, fruity and refreshing warm weather tea? This Hibiscus Tea recipe is an unexpected, fresh alternative to lemonade or regular iced tea.
The natural bright red-hot pink color is so beautiful and would surely brighten up any brunch or party.
My Mother-in-Law was telling me about her trips to Mexico where it is a popular drink. She enjoys it with turbinado (course) sugar and not overly sweet. She says that fruit can also be added to it, and wine (white or rosé), or sparkling water. I have tried it with white wine and find that combination very refreshing!
Health Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
There are many health benefits to having Hibiscus Tea, according to Medium.com (source):
The health benefits of hibiscus tea include relief from high blood pressure and high cholesterol, as well as digestive, immune system, and inflammatory problems. It helps to cure liver disease and reduces the risk of cancer.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Ingredients for Hibiscus Tea
- 1/2 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 8 cups water
- lime slices for garnishing and serving
- (optional) 1 cup granulated white sugar or honey to sweeten
- ice for serving
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Hibiscus Tea
- large pot for boiling water
- tea infuser
- beverage dispenser container for serving
- glasses for serving
- ice cube trays
- chef’s knife, if using lime
- cutting board, if using lime
Our Other Tea & Drink Recipes
- How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea (2019)
- Heather Flower Tea (2019)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipe (2018)
- Thai Iced Tea (2018)
- Cold Brew Hibiscus Tea (2018)
- Passion Flower Tea (2019)
- Fresh Basil Flower Tea (2017)
- Fresh Mint Tea (2017)
- Citrus Honey Ginger Tea (2016)
- Cold-Brewed Smashed Raspberry Honey Iced Tea (2015)
- Related: Home Brew Kombucha (2019)
- Hops Golden Milk (2018)
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Lemonade (2018)
- Rosewater (2018)
I know you will love this refreshing, healthy and beautiful Hibiscus Tea recipe!