Have you tried Bubble Coffee (Boba Coffee)? It’s iced (or even hot if you wish) coffee with chewy, tapioca pearls (boba) in it. All you need is fresh hot, iced, or cold brew coffee, freshly made tapioca pearls, optional milk, half and half or non-dairy milk/creamer, optional sweetener of choice and you got yourself a special, tasty drink! This Bubble Coffee recipe to switch up your regular daily coffee drink!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Bubble Coffee Recipe (Boba Coffee)
Hi Everyone, I finally got to make Bubble Coffee at home and I am so happy to share it with you.
It’s easier than you think!
You just make your iced, cold brew or hot coffee as you normally would and just add freshly prepared tapioca pearls!
I made a recipe post with a tutorial video on How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba) to walk you through the easy steps.
A note on sweeteners
For iced drinks, it’s best to melt the sugar when the coffee is hot or use a simple syrup that is in liquid form to avoid un-melted sugar granulates.
You can use honey or maple syrup too!
Here is a list of ingredients for this recipe:
- 1/2 cup freshly prepared tapioca pearls
- 8-ounces fresh hot, cold brew, or iced coffee
- 1/4 cup milk, half and half or creamer of choice, optional
- sweetener of choice, amount to taste, optional
Here is a list of helpful kitchen tools for this recipe (all ingredients and kitchen tools are linked, with affiliate links, in the recipe card at the end of the post):
- measuring spoons and cups
- 2-cup wet measure
- coffee machine
- coffee grinder
- large glass or mug
- wide straw for bubble tea
- ice cube tray or ice cube maker
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
If you make this recipe and like it please give it a rating on the recipe card and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Pour 1/2 cup prepared tapioca pearls into a glass (or mug), add 1 cup ice (if having it cold), pour the coffee over the ice, add optional creamer, add optional sweetener. Mix and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar, Fair Trade, Non GMO & Gluten Free, 10 Pound (Pack of 1)
- Starbucks Dark Roast Ground Coffee — Variety Pack — 3 bags (12 oz. each)
- Libbey Heavy Base Tumbler Glasses, Set of 8
- Ticent Ice Cube Trays (Set of 2), Silicone Sphere Whiskey Ice Ball Maker with Lids & Large Square Ice Cube Molds for Cocktails & Bourbon - Reusable & BPA Free
- Vremi Countertop Ice Maker - Ice Cubes Ready in 9 Minutes - Makes 26 Pounds Ice in 24 hrs - Perfect for Water Bottles, Mixed Drinks - Portable Stainless Steel Ice Maker with Ice Scoop and Basket
- Opal Countertop Nugget Ice Maker
- Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
- 100 Pcs Jumbo Smoothie Straws,Colorful Disposable Wide-mouthed Large Straw.
- Tapioca Pearl - Black Sugar Flavor (Ready in 5 Minutes) 8.8oz(250g)
- Cuisinart DCC-2650 Brew Central 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- The Original Bialetti Moka Express - 6 Cup Stovetop Coffee Maker with Safety Valve – brews 9.2 ounces
- Bodum Chambord French Press Coffee Maker, Glass, 34 Ounce, 1 Liter, Copper
- Long Handle Spoon, MCIRCO Stainless Steel Spoon Set Mixing Spoon Ice Cream Spoon Long Spoon Iced Tea Spoon Coffee Spoon Dessert Spoon Milkshake Spoon,Set of 8(Ice spoon)
- COSORI Pour Over Coffee Maker, 8 Cup Glass Coffee Pot&Coffee Brewer with Stainless Steel Filter, High Heat Resistance Decanter, Measuring Scoop Included, 34 Ounce
- COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle with 5 Variable Presets, Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle, 100% Stainless Steel Inner Lid & Bottom, 1200 Watt Quick Heating, 0.8L, Silver
- Mueller Austria HyperGrind Precision Electric Spice/Coffee Grinder Mill with Large Grinding Capacity and HD Motor also for Spices, Herbs, Nuts, Grains, White
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 350Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.