Almond Butter and Dark Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats- These healthy treats are super easy and quick to make. It is just like your classic rice krispy treat, but with a twist! It has additional health benefits from antioxidant filled dark chocolate and protein packed almond butter.
Almond Butter and Dark Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats
Hey everyone! Rice Krispies Treats are one of my favorite childhood snacks, with this healthier version being super easy and quick to make. It is just like your classic rice krispy treat, but with a twist! It has additional health benefits from antioxidant filled dark chocolate and protein packed almond butter. For an extra crunch and kick of omega-3 fatty acids, I sprinkled the top with chia seeds. I love this recipe because there are so few ingredients and cooking equipment involved. They can be sliced and kept in an air tight container for maximum freshness and held for up to 2 weeks! I personally used white puffed cereal rice, but I have seen brown rice options for this type of cereal at the grocery store as well, if that is preferred. These treats are sweet, salty, crunchy, and creamy all in one, awesome bite.
If you are vegan and don’t eat marshmallows, you can also sub this recipe with more nut butter instead. It will still hold the treat together and taste wonderful!
I came up with this recipe during the stay at home order and it was a lot of fun to use this crazy time to experiment. I made all different kinds of rice krispies treats, but these were my favorite! I was shocked with how easy and few ingredients are involved with making them. They are also awesome because you are welcome to switch up the almond butter with any other nut butter you prefer. I chose chia seeds to mix into these for extra texture and health benefits, but any other mix-in would work too! I enjoy mini chocolate chips, m&m’s, reeses piece’s and more!
Latest Recipes and Posts
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Iced Coffee with Almond Milk
- Uses for Pasta Water
- Delicious Egg Recipes
- Popular and Delicious Winter Seasonal Recipes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal (or any generic brand)
- 8 oz dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large saucepan melt the butter. Slowly add mini marshmallows, almond butter, and chia seeds together over low heat while stirring gently.
3.Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies.
4. Pour the mixture into the pan and press gently with damp hands (to avoid mixture sticking yo your hands).
5. Add the chocolate chips to a medium-sized heatproof bowl. Microwave for 45-second intervals on medium power, stirring in between each burst. stir in a tablespoon of vegetable oil.
6. Using a spoon, slowly drizzle melted dark chocolate on top of the rice krispies.
7. Place in fridge to cool! Then just cut into squares and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
RFAQK- 90 Pcs Russian piping tips set with storage case - Cake decorating supplies kit - 54 Numbered easy to use icing nozzles (28 Russian + 25 Icing + 1 Ball tip) - Pattern chart, Ebook User Guide
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.