Stove Top Grilled Eggplant is savory and easy to make with a stovetop grill pan. This is a simple, minimally seasoned way to make eggplant for dinner, lunch, or any meal. (vegan, gluten-free)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
Stove Top Grilled Eggplant
Hi Everyone, are you looking for an easy side dish to serve at dinner or make for lunch?
Or maybe you just want to know one of the best ways on how to cook the eggplant on the stove – try this Stove Top Grilled Eggplant!
We grew eggplants in our garden (including the one in these photos!) and this Stove Top Grilled Eggplant recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes.
Eggplants are available all year round in the grocery store, however, they have a growing season here in New Jersey is July 10th (early), July 20th through September 30th, and latest October 15th or killing frost.
We harvested ours in September.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Stove Top Grilled Eggplant
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- grill pan ⇐ a must for this recipe!
- Bubble Coffee Recipe (Boba Coffee)
- How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- No-Knead Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Peeps S’Mores
- 1 medium eggplant, washed, stem removed, sliced with skins on
- 1-2 teaspoons regular olive oil, plus more, if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or amount to taste
- Heat olive oil in a stove top grill pan over medium-high heat until oil is warm. Ensure the plan is evenly coated
- Add slices of eggplant to the oil, arrange the slices so that they cook evenly. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until the eggplant is lightly browned with grill marks. Remove from heat and serve, enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Lodge 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Ribbed 12-Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan with Dual Handles.
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.