Stove Top Grilled Eggplant is savory and easy to make with a stove top grill pan. This is a simple, minimally seasoned way to make eggplant for dinner, lunch or any meal. (vegan, gluten-free)
Stove Top Grilled Eggplant
Hi Everyone, are you looking for an easy side dish to serve at dinner or make for lunch? Try this Stove Top Grilled Eggplant!
We grew eggplants in our garden this year (including the one in these photos!) and this Stove Top Grilled Eggplant recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
Eggplants are available all year round in the grocery store, however, they have a growing season here in New Jersey is July 10th (early), July 20th through September 30th and latest October 15th or killing frost. We harvested ours in September. To see all of our “Fall” recipes on LLS, visit here.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for Stove Top Grilled Eggplant
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- grill pan ⇐ a must for this recipe!
- 1 medium eggplant, washed, stem removed, sliced with skins on
- 1-2 teaspoons regular olive oil, plus more, if needed
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, or amount to taste
- Heat olive oil in a stove top grill pan over medium-high heat until oil is warm. Ensure the plan is evenly coated
- Add slices of eggplant to the oil, arrange the slices so that they cook evenly. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side or until the eggplant is lightly browned with grill marks. Remove from heat and serve, enjoy!
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Lodge 12 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan. Ribbed 12-Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan with Dual Handles.
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 slices
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 139 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 267mg Carbohydrates: 25g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 9g Protein: 2g
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs - February 5, 2019
- Home Brew Kombucha - February 4, 2019
- Game Day Entertaining Starters and Appetizers Recipe Roundup - February 1, 2019