Vegan Banana Bread: This simple, moist and delicious Vegan Banana Bread is adaptable to accommodate either traditional or vegan baking lifestyles.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Vegan Banana Bread
I have been loving quick bread recipes lately (ex. Oatmeal Cherry Quick Bread, Naturally Sweet Cornbread, Honeyed Non-GMO Cornbread) . They are so useful for using up fruit or vegetables that need to be eaten or are in abundance
zucchini. They are perfect for having for breakfast with my morning coffee or tea.
They are so portable and compact, they would make a nice treat to bring to a gathering or for a friend, perhaps tied up in parchment with a little red and white baker’s twine? Now, that’s cute, thoughtful and yummy.
I spread the vegan banana bread with sunflower seed butter and it really gives it a savory-sweet taste which is great for snacking or a quick pick-me-up. I’ve been enjoying Nature’s Promise Sunflower Seed Butter that I get at my local grocery store.
I used a Pyrex 9x5x3 inch loaf pan that I use for this recipe.
The great things about “Vegan Banana Bread” are that it is really simple to make, it has only 10 ingredients, it’s adaptable for either traditional or vegan baking lifestyles, it’s moist and it tastes darn good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Saigon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 flaxseed eggs, (or sub 2 large eggs, if not vegan, you can still add the flax dry, if you want)
- 3 ripe, , mashed bananas (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 cup of sugar, (can sub for 1 cup of coconut sugar, I have also subbed sugar with 3/4 maple syrup + 1/4 honey and had excellent results)
- 1/2 cup canola oil or melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1/4 cup walnuts, (optional)
- Prepare flaxseed eggs and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- You can mash the bananas by hand using a large fork or potato masher. I prefer to use a blender (or food processor would work too) to get the bananas pureed. This should only take a few moments on the puree or liquify setting of your blender.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flaxseed eggs, pureed banana, sugar and oil. Add flaxseed egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until combined. It's okay if it's a little lumpy. If you are adding nuts, add them to the mixture. Spread the batter into loaf pan.
- If you are using a 9x5x3 inch pan, bake for 55 minutes to 60 minutes. You can check if it's done by inserting a knife or toothpick into the center and it should come out clean if it's done. When it's done, let the loaf cool in the pan about 10 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Store up to 3 days in an airtight container.
“Vegan Banana Bread” is inspired by, “Banana Bread,” p. 130, in the “Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book,” Special Edition, 2007.
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- If you make this “Vegan Banana Bread” recipe and post a picture on social media, be sure to #lifeslittlesweets and link back to the post, thanks!