Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RotelDareToDip #CollectiveBias
This easy 7 Layer Dip recipe is savory, meaty, and baked to cheesy perfection. This recipe uses RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, RO*TEL® Mild Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and Wolf Chili from Walmart. It feeds a crowd in a 9 x 13 inch dish making it perfect for any gathering; you will find guests clamoring for more!
7 Layer Dip
Hi Everyone, what’s the Halloween party dip that everyone loves and can’t get enough of? It’s 7 Layer Dip! There are so many versions of it out there but this one is served hot with fresh ingredients on top. You can arrange those fresh ingredients into a pumpkin if you want, like I did for this Autumn-Halloween-themed 7 Layer Dip.
Everyone who has tried this dip goes back for seconds and thirds and beyond because it is so irresistible. I knew that it had to be a baked version because when it’s baked all those layers bubble together and make a lovely savory combination – perfect for dipping!
Of course you need something to dip into the 7 Layer Dip, I choose Tortilla Chips but you can do bread slices, crackers, even sliced veggies.
RO*TEL provides an easy way to add a little zesty kick to any recipe because there’s no need to prep any extra tomatoes and chilies. RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies delivers a bold & yummy flavor to this 7 Layer Dip.
Helpful Kitchen Tools for 7 Layer Dip
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish (preferably clear, so that you can see the layers!)
- chef’s knife
- cutting board
- offset spatula or baking spatula for spreading the layers
- a bowl for tortilla chips for dipping
- a spoon for scooping
- a small colander for draining and rinsing the beans
- measuring cups
Interested in trying this recipe out for yourself? Click on the items below to shop!
I found RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies in the canned goods aisle at Walmart. RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies adds just the right amount of tomato-goodness to the dip and balances out the cheese, beans and chili.
I have included photos below to show you the steps to make this 7 Layer Dip:
For the full recipe directions, check out the full, printable recipe below.
- 1 can (15 ounce) re fried beans
- 1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, plain, room temperature
- 2 can (15 ounce) RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies , Original
- 1 can (15 ounce) Wolf Chili
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1-2 cups cheese, 3 cheese, Mexican cheese blend
Fresh Layer (add after baking)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounce) black pitted olives, halved
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread the re fried beans in an even layer (an offset spatula or baking spatula works well for this).
- Spread the cream cheese in an even layer.
- Pour 2 cans of RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and spread in an even layer.
- Pour and spread 1 can chili in an even layer.
- Pour drained black beans over chili layer.
- Sprinkle cheese blend over bean layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
- Add halved cherry tomatoes, halved pitted black olives, cilantro and shredded lettuce. You can arrange them in any way you want! Serve warm and enjoy with tortilla chips or slices of bread!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 455 Total Fat: 28g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 1105mg Carbohydrates: 30g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- December Recipes Collection - December 10, 2019
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte) - December 9, 2019
- Cold Brew Brownies - December 7, 2019