Chocolate Butterscotch Saltine Toffee combines semi-sweet chocolate and butterscotch morsels with a classic, easy candy recipe: saltine toffee. Enjoy this buttery, crisp, and sweetly addictive version of saltine toffee!
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Chocolate Butterscotch Saltine Toffee
Hi Everyone, have you tried saltine toffee?
If not, you are missing out!
This is the perfect candy recipe to serve at holiday gatherings or to bring to work.
It’s rich, sweet, a little salty and has great butter flavor.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I have chocolate on the brain…
You can check out our Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee recipe here.
I have substituted the same amount of coconut oil instead of butter when making this recipe before and it works but it’s a little more “melty” to the touch at room temperature.
- 48 saltine crackers regular
- 1 cup unsalted butter 2 sticks
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 6 ounces butterscotch morsels
- rimmed baking sheet
- heavy-duty aluminum foil or parchment paper
- baking spatula and/or offset spatula
- medium saucepan
- Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- Iced Coffee with Almond Milk
- Uses for Pasta Water
- Delicious Egg Recipes
- Popular and Delicious Winter Seasonal Recipes
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This post was originally published 2/8/2018 and updated and republished 4/28/2021
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover an aluminum-lined (make sure the aluminum is covering up the sides) sheet pan with 48 saltine crackers.
- Melt the butter and dark brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes or until mixed and bubbly. Stir with a whisk.
- Pour carefully over the arranged saltines.
- Place sheet pan in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, the butter-sugar mixture should be bubbly when you take it out.
- Take the sheet pan out and sprinkle the semi-sweet chocolate chip and butterscotch morsels, after a few minutes, using an offset spatula spread the chocolate evenly. *watch my video to see my tip for getting the morsels to melt faster!
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the toffee to set. Take it out and you can break it apart with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut. Package to give for gift-giving and enjoy!
- You can store this Chocolate Butterscotch Saltine Toffee in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 79mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.