Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee is an easy-to-make, addictive, salty-sweet, candy snack. Make it for Valentine’s Day gift-giving for that special someone or for your next gathering!
Table of contents
Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee
Hello Sweethearts! I’ve got the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe for you: Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is QUICK!
There’s a 2-hour cooling time after it’s done but other than that it only takes 10 minutes!
This is the stuff sweet tooth dreams are made of.
It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty with a crunchy texture.
It can be customized in a number of ways through different toppings (nuts, other kinds of drizzled melted chocolate, sprinkles, you name it, etc.).
You can’t just have one! Make it to share with friends, bring it to a potluck, package it up cutely for that special someone – share the love!
This recipe is inspired by Saltine Toffee on Amanda’s Cookin’.
- 48 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12-ounce bag of semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- pink sprinkles and Valentine’s Day-themed sprinkles
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- rimmed sheet pan
- aluminum foil
- sharp knife for cutting toffee
- baking or offset spatula
I love those edges where part of the saltines are exposed and they are extra crispy from being in the oven. Yum!
We have made this recipe as a teacher’s gift and gift bags for members of our family. In both cases, the Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee was very well received 🙂
You know you’ve found a good recipe when you find yourself eating the crumbs and bits on the pan after cutting Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee – just watch, you’ll find yourself doing it too!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Candied Pecans
- Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Scotcheroos
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Spritz Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Crinkles
- DIY Heart-Shaped Crayons
What’s your favorite candy/dessert for Valentine’s Day?
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Latest Recipes & Posts
Check out our recent recipes and updated posts:
- Freezer Meal Prep
- Ted Lasso Biscuit Recipe
- Stuffed Dates Recipes
- Burnt Basque Cheesecake
- What Flowers Are Edible?
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cover an aluminum-lined (make sure the aluminum is covering up the sides) sheet pan with 48 saltine crackers.Melt the butter and dark brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes or until mixed and bubbly. Stir with a whisk. Pour carefully over the arranged saltines. Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, the butter-sugar mixture should be bubbly when you take it out.
- Take the sheet pan out and sprinkle the semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels, after a few minutes, using an offset spatula spread the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with pink and holiday-inspired sprinkles.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the toffee to set. Take it out and you can break it apart with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut. Package to give for gift-giving and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (200 Square Foot Roll)
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
If You Care FSC Certified Parchment Baking Paper, 70 sq ft (Pack of 2)
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 98Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- This post was originally published on 1/31/2017 and updated and republished on 1/7/2021, 2/4/2022, 1/9/2023