Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee is an easy to make, addictive, salty-sweet, candy snack. Make it for Valentine’s Day gift giving for that special someone or for your next gathering!
Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee
Hello Sweethearts! I’ve got the perfect Valentine’s Day recipe for you: Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee.
The great thing about this recipe is that it is QUICK! There’s a 2 hour cooling time after it’s done but other than that it only take 10 minutes!
This is the stuff sweet tooth dreams are made of. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and salty with a crunchy texture. It can be customized a number of ways through different toppings (nuts, other kinds of drizzled melted chocolate, sprinkles, you name it, etc.).
You can’t just have one! Make it to share with friends, bring it to a potluck, package it up cutely for that special someone – share the love!
This recipe is inspired by Saltine Toffee on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Ingredients for Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee
- 48 saltine crackers
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 12 ounce bag of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- pink sprinkles and Valentine’s Day-themed sprinkles
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Kitchen Tools Needed for Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee
- sheet pan with turned up sides, this is my favorite:
- aluminum foil
- sharp knife for cutting toffee
- baking or offset spatula
I love those edges where part of the saltines are exposed and they are extra crispy from being in the oven. Yum!
We gave made this recipe as a teacher’s gift and gift bags for member’s of our family. In both cases, the Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee was very well received 🙂
You know you’ve found a good recipe when you find yourself eating the crumbs and bits on the pan after cutting the Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee – just watch, you’ll find yourself doing it too!
- 48 saltine crackers, regular
- 1 cup unsalted butter, 2 sticks
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, light brown sugar will work too but dark brown is best for this recipe
- 12 ounces bag of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 2 tbsps pink sprinkles and Valentine’s Day-themed sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover a aluminum-lined (make sure the aluminum is covering up the sides) sheet pan with 48 saltine crackers.
- Melt the butter and dark brown sugar in a medium sauce pan. Boil for 5 minutes or until mixed and bubbly. Stir with a whisk.
- Pour carefully over the arranged saltines.
- Place sheet pan in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, the butter-sugar mixture should be bubbly when you take it out.
- Take the sheet pan out and sprinkle the semi sweet chocolate chip morsels, after a few minutes, using an offset spatula spread the chocolate evenly. Sprinkle with pink and holiday-inspired sprinkles.
- Cool in the refrigerator for 2 hours to allow the toffee to set. Take out and you can break it apart with your hands or use a sharp knife to cut. Package to give for gift-giving and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container
- The nutritional information is just an ESTIMATE; we use myfitnesspal.com to generate the nutritional information for this recipe.
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 98 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 31mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 1g
- If you like this Valentine’s Day Saltine Toffee, Check out Chocolate, Candy and Dessert categories on LLS
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What’s your favorite candy/dessert for Valentine’s Day? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs - February 5, 2019
- Home Brew Kombucha - February 4, 2019
- Game Day Entertaining Starters and Appetizers Recipe Roundup - February 1, 2019