One lazy Saturday morning, I was enjoying my coffee and watching The Pioneer Woman, and my life was forever changed by this Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread. I almost missed it too because I stepped into the kitchen. But luckily when I came back, my husband said, “You have to rewind it.”
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread
The first time I made this Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread, I followed Ree’s recipe exactly. There is nothing not to like in this recipe.
Green olives (which are my favorite), two kinds of cheese, butter, green chiles… and, oh yes, jalapeños.
They add just enough heat.
This recipe is perfection.
But of course, the SECOND time I made it (which was embarrassingly not too very long after the first time I made it) I decided to add a little bit more cheese.
Now, normally I would say you can’t have enough cheese, but with this recipe, you absolutely can.
It melted and oozed off of the bread and made me sad. (We still ate it though!)
- Jarred jalapeños
- Green olives
- Green Chiles
- Pepper jack cheese
- White cheddar cheese
- French or Italian bread
- Bread knife
- Cutting board
- Kitchen knife
- Cheese grater
- Measuring cups
- Medium mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Butter knife or spreader
- Sheet pan
While Ree’s recipe calls for French bread, I’ve tried this Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread on both Italian and French bread.
(Italian bread is shown in the photos.)
You can use whichever you like better or whatever is available in your local bakery.
I made this Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread for a New Year’s Eve appetizer.
It went perfectly with my Grape Jelly Meatballs (and champagne, of course). If you happen to have any leftovers, it does warm up and crisps up well in the oven.
I have also baked 1/2 and wrapped up 1/2 unbaked and put it in the fridge to bake another day.
Another awesome way to enjoy this recipe is to omit the bread, bake all the ingredients in an oven-safe bowl, and serve as a dip with tortilla chips!
Comment below and let me know how you enjoyed this recipe!
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
- Matcha Green Tea Latte
- Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce Syrup
- Nettle Pesto
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This Jalapeño Olive Cheese Bread recipe post was originally published on 1/10/2018 and updated and republished on 7/26/2021
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the butter and mayonnaise together well.
- Add the jalapeños, olives, green chiles, and scallions and stir.
- Fold in the cheese.
- Using a butter knife or spreader, spread the mixture onto the bread.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is as bubbly and brown as you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
- Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Farberware Edgekeeper 21-Piece Forged Triple Riveted Block Set with Built-in Knife Sharpener, Cherry
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Mercer Culinary Millennia 10-Inch Wide Bread Knife
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 284Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 665mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.