Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Indulge in the creamy and flavorful goodness of Bean Dip in a Can with this easy recipe. Perfect for parties or casual snacking, this dip will elevate your taste buds. With just a few pantry staples, enjoy a tantalizing blend of beans, spices, salsa, and lime juice. Get ready to scoop and savor every bite!
Bean Dip in a Can
Hi Everyone, I love this bean dip recipe because it’s inexpensive, perfect to serve any time of the year, and totally delicious.
You can serve it with fresh veggies, tortilla chips, bread, crackers, or as a sandwich spread or topping on a pasta meal.
- Instant Pot Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Red Mashed Potatoes
- Pork Cabbage Potsticker Wonton Dumplings (Steamed or Fried)
- Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
- 14 Healthy Recipes
- 1 (15-ounce) can of dark red, Pinto, kidney, white, black-eyed peas, or black beans, reserve canning liquid
- 1 tablespoon regular olive oil, plus more for drizzling on top, for serving
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1 garlic clove, minced)
- 1-3 teaspoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- kosher salt, amount to taste, or amount to taste
- 1/4 fresh, ground black pepper, or amount to taste
- chopped fresh herbs (like, basil, cilantro, or parsley), for topping
- Open a can of beans of your choice, drain, and reserve the canning liquid. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, and pepper to the can. Add back about 1/4 (at first) -1/2 of the canning liquid back into the can. Using a handheld immersion blender, blend the beans and ingredients right in the can and completely blend the ingredients. Check the consistency, if it's too thick and needs more liquid, then add more liquid until the consistency is right. Spoon the bean dip into a serving bowl.
- Add fresh chopped herbs of choice, a drizzle of olive oil, and more salt and fresh, ground pepper on top, amount to taste. Serve with fresh-cut veggies, chips, tortilla chips, crackers, or bread. Enjoy!
- White Cannellini beans were used in the photos for the recipe in this post.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 11gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!
- First published: 7/11/2023