Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto has a garden-fresh flavor, is a great way to use up basil from the garden, and goes amazing over pasta or as a marinade for fish or chicken.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Table of contents
Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto
Hi Everyone, do you have an abundance of basil in your garden?
This is a great way to use up some of that fresh basil.
This Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto has garden-fresh flavors and goes great over pasta or as a marinade for fish or chicken.
This Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto takes a few simple ingredients, only 15 minutes to make, and makes about 1 cup.
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- mason jar for storage
- food processor – this is an updated version of the one that I have
I know you will love this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto!
This recipe is inspired by “Fresh Basil Pesto” by Simply Recipes.
What would you serve this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto on?
Please let me know in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Grilled Cheese Tomato Bites on SoFabFood
- Homemade Garden Fresh Salsa
- Fresh Herb Baked Salmon
- Sautéed Garlic Asparagus
- Roots to River Farm CSA
- Fresh Mint Tea
- Avocado Garden Salad Recipe
- Fresh Figs with Agave Syrup
- Fresh Basil Flower Tea
- Breakfast Made Simple and Healthy With Garden Lites Muffins
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Homemade Nectarine Galette
- Cracklin’ Oat Bran Banana Ice Cream
- Basil Recipes Collection
- Orange Cranberry Crumb Cake
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- Using a food processor, put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until it is processed until the desired texture is reached. You may need to scrape down the sides with a baking spatula and pulse again. Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- You can store this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto in a mason jar. If you are making it ahead, keep in mind that it should be used within 1-2 days and should be refrigerated. The basil can brown when stored, just scrape the top layer off. Enjoy over your favorite pasta or another type of carbohydrate as a marinade for chicken or fish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1457Total Fat: 150gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 118gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 1283mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.