Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto has garden fresh flavor, is a great way to use up basil from the garden and goes amazing over pasta or as a marinade for fish or chicken.
Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto
Hi Everyone, do you have an abundance of basil in your garden? This is a great way to use up some of that fresh basil. This Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto has garden fresh flavors and goes great over pasta or as a marinade for fish or chicken.
This Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto recipe is one of my “garden-inspired” recipes, you can see all of the garden-inspired recipes, here.
This Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto takes a few simple ingredients, only 15 minutes to make and makes about 1 cup.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Helpful Kitchen Tools needed for Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto
- measuring spoons and cups
- baking spatula
- mason jar for storage
- food processor – this is an updated version of the one that I have:
I know you will love this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto!
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- Using a food processor, put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until it is processed until the desired texture is reached. You may need to scrape down the sides with a baking spatula and pulse again. Adjust the amount of salt and pepper to taste.
- You can store this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto in a mason jar. If you are making it ahead, keep in mind that it should be used within 1-2 days and should be refrigerated. The basil can brown when stored, just scrape the top layer off. Enjoy over your favorite pasta or another type of carbohydrate as a marinade for chicken or fish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1457 Total Fat: 150g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 118g Cholesterol: 29mg Sodium: 1283mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 24g
This recipe is inspired by “Fresh Basil Pesto” by Simply Recipes.
What would you serve this Homemade Garden Fresh Basil Pesto on? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- 13 and 15 Weeks Pregnant - December 11, 2019
- December Recipes Collection - December 10, 2019
- Blue Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Latte (Mermaid Latte) - December 9, 2019