This Fresh Garlic Hummus takes minutes to make with simple ingredients like chickpeas, fresh garlic, tahini, olive oil, salt, and pepper – savory, fresh and delicious, serve it with tortilla chips, tortillas, bread, or in sandwiches! (vegan, gluten-free, video below!)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Fresh Garlic Hummus
Hi Everyone, I am sharing the one hummus recipe that we make the most in our house. It’s super easy to make every day.
I usually make it while I have dinner cooking or I will make it to eat with lunch, earlier in the day.
This recipe can be doubled or tripled, if you are serving it for a crowd (i.e. holidays, gatherings, game day).
- chickpeas (no salt added)
- clove fresh garlic, minced
- tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- Fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- measuring spoons
- wet measure
- small colander
- cutting board
- chef’s knife
- food processor
- serving bowl
- Cilantro Lime Hummus
- Avocado Hummus
- Wacky Cake
- Garlic Herb Eye of the Round Roast
- Daily Vlog No. 1
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
- Caprese Pizza
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Lava Cakes
- How to Make Kale Chips
- Lemon Garlic Hummus
I know you will love this Fresh Garlic Hummus recipe!
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This post was originally published 2/1/2018 and updated and republished 4/17/2021
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, no salt added, reserve the chickpea water to control the consistency of the hummus
- 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled, minced, you can add more if you prefer
- 1 teaspoon tahini, amount to taste, you can add more if you like the flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin, plus more to drizzle on top for serving
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt, amount to taste
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper, amount to taste
- 2 teaspoons roasted sesame seeds, optional, amount to taste
- Drain the chickpeas and save the canning liquid (see the video of how I do this).
- In a food processor, add chickpeas, fresh minced garlic, tahini, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt and pulse. Slowly add in the chickpea water, pulsing in between to get the right consistency. Scrap down the sides of the food processor, if you need to.
- Transfer into a serving bowl and drizzle with olive oil, more salt, if you wish and fresh ground pepper, to taste. Optionally, sprinkle with roasted sesame seeds. Enjoy, with your favorite tortilla chips or bread!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Cuisinart DFP-14BCNY 14-Cup Food Processor, Brushed Stainless Steel
DOWAN 22oz Porcelain Soup/Cereal Bowls - 4 Packs, White
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 207Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 358mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.