This Instant Pot Beets method of cooking beets is, by far, the easiest way to cook up delicious and nutritious beets to make for a side dish, top on salad or as part of another recipe.
Instant Pot Beets
Hi Everyone, I have a soft spot for extremely simple, easy recipes. Making Instant Pot Beets is by far, the easiest way to prepare beets.
Once the beets are fully cooked through in the Instant Pot, you can easily peel them and trim the ends. The only preparation that I do for the beets is give them a wash before putting them in the instant pot to get any dirt off, I also add the water and optional salt.
How do you make Instant Pot Beets?
You don’t have to prepare them, except just to wash them of course, add the water (my Instant Pot Duo requires 18 ounces of water at minimum), some Kosher salt (if you want) and then put the lid on (set to “sealing”, use the quick release method for release) and steam setting or I did 18 minutes on high (for up to 5 inches wide beets).
When are Beets in Season in New Jersey?
Beets are ready early June 1st, and most active from July 1st to October 31st in the NJ area.
I would love to hear what kind of recipes you make using beets, please let me know in the comments at the end of the post.
We got these amazing, beautiful beets from our local farm CSA share. It’s so great to support local organic farms and small business.
RELATED: Sweet Potato Kale Lentil Soup
If you Instant Pot Beets recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 4 small-medium size beets, washed
- 18 ounces water (2 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt, optional
- Add water (the required amount for your particular Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker) to your instant pot. Add optional salt.
- Set the pressure cooker for 18 minutes or the "Steam" setting; Set the lid to "Sealing (quick release)" setting. *see notes
- When the beets are done, it's easy to peel the beets. Cut the beet tails, peel the beets and cut the beets to the size you need.
- This post from the Pressure Cook Recipes website has a great chart for cooking beets, Instant Pot Beets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
- Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker, 6qt/1000W, Latest 3rd Generation Technology, Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Morton Salt Kosher Salt, 3 lbs, Pack of 2
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.