Looking to bring the ocean to your family’s dinner table? This Lobster Macaroni & Cheese is creamy and warm and buttery with a hint of Old Bay seasoning… a huge crowd-pleaser!
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
With four kids, we have a wide range of pickiness in our household. There’s the oldest, Cassidy, who goes back and forth from picky to not-so-picky. She will happily eat something one time I make it, and then the next she’ll say she doesn’t like it and has, in fact, never liked it. Then there’s Zach, he is the health-conscious one who eats a lot of protein and works out every day. But he will eat most of what I cook anyway. (I suspect when he’s over at our house, he may consider those his “cheat days.”) There’s the 3-year-old, Sully, who eats pretty much nothing. But my favorite guinea pig for recipe development is Ethan. He will try pretty much anything once. So I was excited that he was coming over to stay with us for a weekend while I was developing this Lobster Macaroni & Cheese. (I think he was equally excited.)
Ingredients for Lobster Macaroni & Cheese:
- Lobster meat
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Processed cheese like Velveeta
- Old Bay seasoning
- Seasoned salt
- Salt and pepper
Kitchen Tools Needed for Lobster Macaroni & Cheese:
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Medium fry pan
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
If you can find lump lobster meat by the pound, that’s great! But if you can only find lobster tails, those will work too. Just use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut along the backside of the tail and carefully break it open and pull the meat out. It is actually easier that you might think. But the shell can be sharp so just be careful.
I am not a fan of breadcrumbs on macaroni and cheese dishes, but I know a lot of people are. If that is you, you can absolutely put this in a casserole dish, top it with panko breadcrumbs, and bake at 325°F for about 10 minutes. (You may also want to add an additional 2oz. of processed cheese when you are melting all the cheeses together.)
The verdict in our house regarding this Lobster Macaroni & Cheese was a resounding YES! There was a little leftover for lunch the next day but there wasn’t any left to pack in lunches for Monday. I know this will be the case in your house too!
- 1 lb. cavatappi
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 lbs. lobster meat, cut into chunks
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- 10 oz. processed cheese like Velveeta
- 1/2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cook the cavatappi according to package directions. Drain, rinse, and set aside.
- In a medium fry pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and add the shallots.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the lobster meat and sauteé for 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook. Set aside.
- In the same pot used to boil the pasta, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and milk until the butter is melted.
- Add the cheeses and stir frequently until melted.
- Stir in the Old Bay, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper.
- Add the pasta and lobster meat and stir. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 340
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
Pin This! ⇓