Organic CSA Share Box Week 2 – Sharing my bi-weekly CSA share box from Roots to River Farm (1st week in July 2020).
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Organic CSA Box Week 2
Hi Everyone, It’s time to share about our bi-weekly, local, organic CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) share from Roots to River Farm!
Did you read about our last (the first) pickup? If not, you can catch up with it, here: Organic CSA Box Week 1.
Belonging to this CSA has been a great way to ensure that we get our leafy green vegetables in our diet. It’s been inspiring in the kitchen to work with new and different vegetables.
Everything has been tasty and flavorful 🙂
What was in our share this week
Every other week, I pick 5 items to be in my CSA box share, here’s what I picked for this week, the 1st week in July:
- Sugar Snap Peas – 1 pint – this kiddos love these!
- Escarole – 1 head – I had this sauteed with Asian seasonings
- Arugula – bag – I used this in a salad, would also be great in a quiche
- Kale (curly) – bunch – I did a massaged kale salad
- Salad Mix – bag – I made a great salad with this
What would you make with these items?
Do you belong to a local CSA? Please share your experience and favorite vegetables and items in the comments below, I would love to hear about it.
Thank you for reading and following along!