🎃 This Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark is a fast & easy recipe, perfect for your next Halloween gathering! Be sure to check out all 5 spooktacular #FoodieMamas recipes in the recipe roundup below!
It’s the time of the month when we have a #FoodieMamas recipe & recipe roundup post! In keeping with the seasons, we have a “Halloween” theme for the month of October and there are some great Halloween-themed recipes in store!
Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark
How’s everyone’s October going? Do you know what you are going to be for Halloween yet? I recently picked up a purple wig at the store because I thought it looked cool and I like the color but I have no idea what I can be with it – any ideas?
Last year (see picture above, though Eric and I aren’t in costume), I was “Blueberry” from the cartoon Strawberry Shortcake and Eric was a “Hunter” character from the video game Destiny and M was a lion (that looked like a bear). This year she’s going to be a pumpkin (she was very decisive and chose that costume idea 2 months ago – not bad for a 2 1/2 year old!), Eric’s still deciding and well, me too!
Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark has dark chocolate at the base, a layer of raisins, dried cranberries, slivered almonds (can substitute whole or chopped), candy sugar eyes and it’s drizzled with white chocolate on top.
I wanted to do a chocolate bark recipe for Life’s Little Sweets for a while because it’s the type of recipe the fits in with my no fuss, yet totally fun, sweet & delicious ethos that I often have with recipes on this blog. This Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark can be customized for any season, just swap out the fruit/flavors, type of chocolate and decorations.
If you need a larger amount than the 13″ x 9″ pan that this recipe yields, just double the recipe and use a whole cookie sheet!
This would make a cute teacher’s gift, Halloween party favor or served at a Halloween gathering!
Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark #FoodieMamas Click To Tweet
- 12 oz. dark chocolate
- 12 oz. white chocolate
- ½ cup almonds, slivered, chopped or whole
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- edible sugar candy eyes (I used Wilton brand)
- Line a 13" x 9" pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Evenly spread, almonds, raisins and cranberries over melted chocolate.
- Place candy eyes carefully in the melted chocolate.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted.
- Using a spoon, strategically drizzle white chocolate over ingredients covering but try not to cover the candy eyes.
- Allow to cool completely and when it's fully cooled, use a sharp knife to cut into pieces. Enjoy!
#FOODIEMAMAS HALLOWEEN RECIPE ROUNDUP
It’s time to check out all the amazing recipes from all the #FoodieMamas!
A little history first: This the 13th #FoodieMamas recipe round up that I have participated in and each month, one “FoodieMama” chooses a different ingredient or theme.
Last month was raspberries, you can check out that recipe HERE
Enjoy the October, Halloween recipe roundup!
#1 – Homemade Pumpkin Spice Soda | Trish – Rhubarbarians
#2 – Spooky Strawberries | Kaitie – Fuchsia Freezer
#3 – Graveyard Brownies | Ali Randall – Home & Plate
#4 – Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie | Lucy Baker – Turnip the Oven
- You can see all the #FoodieMamas recipe posts on Life’s Little Sweets HERE
- Check out the kitchen tools that I use in my Amazon aStore!
- Be sure to sign up for my e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
👉 I hope you enjoyed Halloween Fruit and Nut Chocolate Mummy Bark & the #FoodieMamas Halloween recipe roundup!
What’s your favorite Halloween dessert? Let me know in the comments below!
Pin this to your “Desserts” board! ⇓