Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CerealShakeup #CerealAnytime #CollectiveBias
Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts are a fun & delicious way to have your breakfast cereal! These fresh-baked cake donuts are dipped in vanilla glaze and sprinkled with cereal. (makes 12 donuts)
Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts
Hello Everyone! I have a fun breakfast/sweet snack/brunch recipe for you: Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts. What a great way to enjoy your favorite nostalgic cereal, right?
This is the first donut recipe to grace Life’s Little Sweet recipe index but certainly will not be the last because donuts are quick, easy and fun to make and can be customized in an infinite number of ways.
The cereal that tops these Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts is Malt-O-Meal Fruity Stars which add a tasty & tart topping to the donuts.
Make sure when making the recipe that you stick to the ingredient list and not make any substitutions because the results will come out different. We want soft, fluffy baked donuts!
Malt-O-Meal is a bagged cereal and they offer 33+ varieties. Some of those favorites include Cinnamon Toasters, Berry Colossal Crunch, Frosted Mini Spooners and S’mores. I learned that they have a ‘Love it or it is free!’ taste guarantee [Details available on pack]. They never have any high-fructose corn syrup in any of their cereals and they are available in a handful of sizes.
I picked up Malt-O-Meal Fruity Stars, Malt-O-Meal Cookies & Cream and Malt-O-Meal French Toasters in the cereal aisle at Walmart.
Ingredients for Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts
- 2 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt *optional but strongly encouraged to counteract the sweetness
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg *optional but strongly encouraged
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, cooled
- 1 recipe Vanilla Coconut Icing, plus 1-2 more tablespoons milk or coconut milk to thin it into a glaze *this allows the cereal to stick to the donuts
- 1 cup Malt-O-Meal Fruity Stars or other Malt-O-Meal cereal
Kitchen Tools for Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts
- 1 large mixing bowl
- baking spatula
- regular size donut pan
- small bowls for ingredients
- whisk for mixing
I hope you enjoy this Glazed Cereal Baked Cake Donuts recipe!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 310 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 371mg Carbohydrates: 48g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 21g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g
How would you customize this recipe? Please let me know in the comment below! ~Best, Sara
Pin This! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Cold Brew Brownies - December 7, 2019
- 2019 Thanksgiving Photo Diary - November 30, 2019
- Black Friday Super Sunday Cyber Monday Favorites 2019 - November 29, 2019