Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert all year round. Seasoned with crunchy sugar and warm cinnamon, these soft and comforting treats go great with coffee or tea.
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts
Hi Everyone, These Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts are one of the most requested treats that my daughter asks me to make. It seems lately that we have been making them or some variation of them every weekend.
These Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts are slightly healthier than their fried counter parts. Just make sure you get a proper donut pan. I have a Wilton 6 donuts pan and just bake them in batches. Alternately, you can use the batter to make muffins – just increase the baking time to about 20 minutes.
This is the donut pan that I use:
I know you will love these Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts; our family loves them!
- baking spray , to spray the donut pans, you can also grease with butter
- flour to sprinkle over the baking pan after greasing
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, Saigon cinnamon is my favorite and very fragrant
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter (2 sticks), with 2 sticks there might be some leftover, alternately, you can use 1 1/2 sticks
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 2 donut pans (you will be making 12 donuts total) with cooking spray and lightly flour, tap the excess flour out. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, granulated white sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and Kosher salt. After the ingredients are combined, make a well in the center.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, whole milk, melted and cooled butter, and vanilla extract. Pour the combined wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. If you over mix the donuts will come out tough.
- Using a spoon, transfer the batter into the prepared donut pans. Fill each donut well 3/4 full. Bake for 17 minutes. When the donuts are done, they should spring back when pressed with a finger and when inserted with a toothpick the toothpick should come out clean.
- Melt 2 sticks of butter in a small bowl (large enough to dip a donut in).
- In separate, a flat-bottomed, small mixing bowl, combine the granulated white sugar and ground cinnamon.
- When the donuts are cool, dip each one first in the butter and then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Do both sides. Best if served right away and eaten the day of making them, enjoy!
This recipe is inspired by “Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts” by Ina Garten.
[bctt tweet=”Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts” username=”lifeslilsweets”]
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
- Be sure to sign up for the Life’s Little Sweets e-mail newsletter for more updates and FREE recipes!
What’s your favorite kind of donuts? Please let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin This! ⇓