Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad is a cool, flavorful, yet incredibly simple, salad recipe. It has fresh cucumbers with salad dressing flavors including, sesame seeds, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad
Hi Everyone, This Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad is a great salad to make when you want to use up that bounty of seasonal cucumbers from the garden quickly.
I would normally say that this is a warm weather season recipe only, but since cucumbers are readily available year round in the grocery store, it can be made any time you want/crave to have something fresh and crisp on the dinner table.
This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and as long as the soy sauce you are using is gluten-free, then it can be gluten-free too.
The Asian seasonings used in this salad make it a great salad to pair with another Asian-style dish to round out your meal.
Sometimes, I like having this salad over plain, steamed white rice and in that case, I’ll just make extra dressing to soak into the rice.
RELATED: Carrot Cucumber Ribbon Mixed Greens Salad
We like serving this cucumber salad as an appetizer or just as a crisp, fresh, yet flavorful side along with dinner.
RELATED: Sautéed Green Beans Recipe
The rice vinegar and smokey flavor of the sesame oil is key in this recipe. I always try to keep those ingredients stocked in my pantry – especially when I am craving take-out-like flavors!
RELATED: Avocado Hummus
One of the things I like about this recipe is that, you have many flavors that you would have in Asian take out but you don’t have any heavy calories, it’s a pretty simple, all around, healthy salad!
RELATED: Stir-Fried Ginger Garlic Broccoli
RELATED: Triple Berry Cucumber Spa Water
If you make this Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad recipe and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad
Sesame Soy Sauce Cucumber Salad is a cool, flavorful, yet incredibly simple, salad recipe. It has fresh cucumbers with salad dressing flavors including, sesame seeds, olive oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
- 12 ounces cucumbers, ends trimmed, skinned, cut into thin slices (2 medium-sized, cucumbers or 1 large English cucumber)
Sesame Soy Sauce Dressing
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons rice vinegar (adds a subtle tangy flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon (just a drizzle) sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds (tuxedo, regular or roasted, depending on what you want)
- Kosher salt, amount to taste, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or ground white pepper, amount to taste, optional
- In a large mixing bowl, add the olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and optional salt and pepper, whisk to combine, taste and adjust flavors as needed.
- Add the sliced cucumbers and toss together with the dressing until the cucumbers are coated. Serve immediately, enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- Cabbage Recipes - March 19, 2023
- Dragon Fruit Recipes - March 18, 2023
- Sushi Maki Rolls - March 17, 2023
Leave a Reply