Vanilla whipped cream, also called vanilla Chantilly cream, is the perfect topping to a dessert, ice cream or even a coffee drink.
Alternatives & Thoughts:
- Don’t let not having an electric mixer get in the way of making vanilla whipped cream – just use a good whisk and your arm – that’s what I used to do before I had a mixer! It makes you stronger and then you get to enjoy vanilla whipped cream, yum!
- I use organic whenever possible, I find that it tastes better, I know it’s generally more expensive to buy organic but also it doesn’t have hormones, antibiotics or toxic pesticides in it which is a good thing. For this recipe, I used Stonyfield Organic Heavy Whipping Cream.
- The sugar can be omitted, this would make sense to do if you don’t want the sugar for health reasons or if you are pairing the whipped cream with a sweet dessert and you think it might be too much sweetness.
- Regular sugar can be substituted for the confectioner’s sugar
- The vanilla extract can be omitted or you can use another type of extract. I used Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract.
- The cream of tartar can be omitted, it is not necessary to have but I find (after making this recipe countless times) the cream of tartar to be a useful stabilizer for the vanilla whipped cream, especially if I am making it a day ahead and/or do not want any possibility of the mixture becoming runny for whatever reason (ex. a hot day). I think of it as my vanilla whipped cream “assurance”. Yes, I could always just re-whip it if it gets runny but why would I want to if I don’t have to? I used McCormick Cream of Tartar.
- This can also be made in different amounts, just make sure you keep the ratios of the sugar, extract & heavy whipping cream the same if you are increasing/decreasing amounts.
Best Wishes and Happy Vanilla Whipped Cream-making!
- 1 pint (437ml or 2 cups) of organic heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Put the metal mixing bowl from your stand mixer in the freezer for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Using your stand mixer, mix cream, sugar, vanilla extract and cream of tartar on medium-high until stiff peaks form, this should only take a few minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dessert and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 43 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 2mg Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 0g
Our Other Recipes & Posts
- If you like Vanilla Whipped Cream, check out Macerated Berry Topping | Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies #FoodieMamas | Coconut Caramel Sauce | Easy Caramel (Dulce de Leche
DO YOU MAKE YOUR OWN WHIPPED CREAM? WHAT DO YOU LIKE TO HAVE WHIPPED CREAM WITH? SHARE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW! Pin to your “Desserts” board! ⇓