Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
This sweet, Homemade Coffee Creamer recipe can be used in coffee or tea. It is made with 1 can of sweetened condensed milk and water or for a creamier option, you can use milk or half and half. It is infused with pure vanilla extract but can be customized with other extracts or even Baileys or rum for a boozy option. This creamer is so fast and easy to make for yourself or as an edible gift!
Table of contents
Homemade Coffee Creamer
Hi Everyone, this Homemade Coffee Creamer is so easy to make and super fast!
I made this the other day after running out of half and half (my usual favorite, standard coffee creamer) and it blew my mind away with how simple it was to make that I knew I had to share it right away with you.
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3/4 cups water or for a creamier option, you can use the same amount of milk or half and half
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, optional – but it’s such a nice addition, I highly recommend it!
- measuring spoons and cups
- 2-cup wet measure
- small-medium saucepan OR a large mason jar with a lid
- swing-top storage bottle
- pen or sharpie for marking the date on the jar or swing-top storage bottle
How do you make homemade coffee creamer?
I give 2 options of how to make it: One in a small-medium size saucepan over low heat (to get it to mix together) or a no-heat option where you just add the ingredients and shake it together in a large mason jar!
If you make this recipe and like it please give it a rating on the recipe card and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Chia Seed Banana Bread
- Cocoa Almonds
- Andes Mint Cookies
- Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk, *see note on alternative
- 1 3/4 cups water or milk, if you want it to be creamier
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract*, optional
- Stovetop Method: Add the water (or milk) into a saucepan, add the contents of the can of sweetened condensed milk. Heat on low, stirring with a whisk until they are combined. Remove from heat, add in the 2 teaspoons vanilla extract. Use a funnel to store in a swing-top glass bottle or another container with a lid.
- Mason Jar Method: Add water or milk, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract to a large mason jar. Seal with the lid and shake until fully combined.
Vanilla Extract: You can experiment with the same amount of another kind of extract to make customized Homemade Coffee Creamers, for example, mint, peppermint, or almond. You could even do a boozy option with Baileys or rum. Check out our How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract recipe tutorial.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Alternative: You can use evaporated milk as a non-sweet substitute for the sweetened condensed milk, if you don't want it to be sugary or if you want to control the amount of sugar in the creamer.
Storage: Mark the storage bottle or container with the date you made the Homemade Coffee Creamer and use up within 1 week of opening the milk (generally, 4-7 days) or sweetened condensed milk (generally, 5-7 days, after opening) you used in the recipe, whichever is sooner. Store in a sealed, air-tight container, in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
OXO Good Grips 3-Piece Secure Fit Funnel and Strainer Set
Swing Top Glass Bottles - Flip Top Brewing Bottles For Kombucha, Kefir, Beer - Clear Color - 16oz Size - Set of 6 - Leak Proof Easy Caps, Bonus Gaskets, Chalkboard Labels and Pen - Fast Clean Design
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 135mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 51gProtein: 8g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- This recipe post was first published on 4/23/2021 and updated and republished on 11/2/2022