Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs is an herb-garden inspired recipe that has Winter savory & rosemary sprigs and fresh sage leaves with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and optional garlic. Try this delicious chicken dish for dinner tonight!
Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs
Hi Everyone, I took these pictures of this Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs back in late Summer 2017 when our French cousin Lucile visited us for the Summer. Our family was on vacation on Long Beach Island, New Jersey.
I used fresh herbs from the garden and the key to this recipe is the marinade and the time the chicken thighs are marinated. We used organic chicken thighs from Costco and they were really good.
The fresh herbs featured here are Winter savory, rosemary and sage.
My gosh, it’s been a minute since I have shared a chicken recipe. We eat chicken on a weekly basis (as in multiple times per week), so it’s high time I shared a chicken recipe!
To see all the “chicken” recipes on the blog, visit here
I love chicken because it’s so mild, that you can make it taste like any marinade you decide to do and in this case, it’s fresh herbs. I love how juicy chicken thighs come out, personally, I find them to be more flavorful.
I served these chicken thighs with Rosemary-Infused Cranberry Sauce.
If you like this Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs recipe, you might also like Herb Baked Chicken Tenders.
You can substitute the same amount Thyme sprigs, if you don’t have Winter savory on hand.
If anyone makes this Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs, please let me know in the comments below! Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken thighs, get the freshest chicken, I usually get organic or at least hormone-free, vegetarian fed chicken
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5-9 sprigs dried (or fresh) Winter Savory herb, use less if fresh (3 units fresh to 1 unit dried ratio), you can substitute the same amount Thyme if you don't have Winter savory
- 3 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, the more oil you use, the more juice you will have for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, I use the best quality I can find and afford, from Modena, Italy
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper medley, or amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, optional
- lemon wedges to spritz for serving, optional
- In a baking dish mix all the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken thighs in it. Marinade chicken for at least a half hour before cooking; you can also marinade for a few hours or overnight (8 hours). The chicken thighs will only taste better the longer it is marinated.
- When the chicken thighs are done marinating, bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25-35 minutes. You can turn once half way though. Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- The safest way to check for doneness is by using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of chicken should be 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1137 Total Fat: 89g Saturated Fat: 19g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 68g Cholesterol: 403mg Sodium: 1093mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Protein: 77g
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- Wild Blackberry Wineberry Pear Oatmeal Galette - October 10, 2019
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Cookies - October 9, 2019
- Pumpkin Spice Baked Donuts - October 8, 2019