Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs is an herb-garden-inspired recipe that has Winter savory & rosemary sprigs and fresh sage leaves with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and optional garlic. Try this delicious chicken dish for dinner tonight!
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Table of contents
Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs
Hi Everyone, I took these pictures of this Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs back in late Summer 2017 when our French cousin Lucile visited us for the Summer.
Our family was on vacation on Long Beach Island, New Jersey.
Table of contents
I used fresh herbs from the garden and the key to this recipe is the marinade and the time the chicken thighs are marinated.
We used organic chicken thighs from Costco and they were really good.
The fresh herbs featured here are Winter savory, rosemary and sage.
My gosh, it’s been a minute since I have shared a chicken recipe.
We eat chicken on a weekly basis (as in multiple times per week), so it’s high time I shared a chicken recipe!
I love chicken because it’s so mild, that you can make it taste like any marinade you decide to do and in this case, it’s fresh herbs.
I love how juicy chicken thighs come out, personally, I find them to be more flavorful.
What Sauce Does This Recipe Go With?
I served these chicken thighs with:
This recipe is inspired by Herb Baked Chicken Tenders, another chicken recipe here on the blog.
Here are the latest posts on our blog:
- How to Make Half and Half
- Pan-Fried Fairytale Eggplant
- Wacky Cake
- Red Raspberry Leaf Tea
- Egg In a Hole Bagel
You can substitute the same amount of Thyme sprigs if you don’t have Winter savory on hand.
If anyone makes this Balsamic Herb Baked Chicken Thighs, please let me know in the comments below!
- Baked Ham
- Fresh Herb Baked Salmon
- Chicken Pizza Crust Recipe
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfait
- Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 1-1.5 pounds chicken thighs, get the freshest chicken, I usually get organic or at least hormone-free, vegetarian fed chicken
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 5-9 sprigs dried (or fresh) Winter Savory herb, use less if fresh (3 units fresh to 1 unit dried ratio), you can substitute the same amount Thyme if you don't have Winter savory
- 3 leaves fresh sage, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil, the more oil you use, the more juice you will have for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar, I use the best quality I can find and afford, from Modena, Italy
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, or amount to taste
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper medley, or amount to taste
- 1 teaspoon (1 large clove) minced garlic, optional
- lemon wedges to spritz for serving, optional
- In a baking dish mix all the marinade ingredients and coat the chicken thighs in it. Marinade chicken for at least a half-hour before cooking; you can also marinate for a few hours or overnight (8 hours). The chicken thighs will only taste better the longer it is marinated.
- When the chicken thighs are done marinating, bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25-35 minutes. You can turn once halfway through. Allow cooling 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- The safest way to check for doneness is by using a meat thermometer, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet (2 Pack), Silver
- Silpat AE420295-07 Premium Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat, Half Sheet Size, 11-5/8-Inch x 16-1/2-Inch (2 pack)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1137Total Fat: 89gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 68gCholesterol: 403mgSodium: 1093mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 77g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.