Lilac Flower Tea is a floral tea made from Springtime Lilac Blossoms, hot water, and sweetened optionally with Wildflower honey.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
Lilac Flower Tea
I have a new seasonal tea for you: Lilac Flower Tea.
As I write this, it’s late April and my Lilac tree with purple flowers is blooming.
Our Lilacs bloom for about 2 weeks in the Spring and I look forward to it every year.
I have a little Lilac recipe collection going to preserve the memory of these beautiful flowers, one of my favorite flowers.
This Lilac Tea is very subtle and you can certainly mix it with other tea flavors.
Remember, Lilacs will always smell more amazing than they taste.
But if you love Lilacs as I do then you will love the idea of having them in your tea!
This Lilac Flower tea tastes lovely with Wildflower honey.
This recipe uses Fresh Lilac flowers.
Make sure you know you are harvesting Lilacs, I use the book, Northeast Foraging (Amazon Affiliate linked below) as a guide and I also recommend getting a few positive identifications from foraging experts that you may know.
If you make this Lilac Flower Tea recipe, and like it please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading and following along!
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lilac flowers, organic, clean
- 8 ounces hot water
- Wildflower honey, amount to taste, optional (or other sweetener of choice)
- Bring water to a boil (170 degrees F for white tea), preferably using a Gooseneck kettle or a kettle that you can control the temperature.
- Place the Lilac flowers in a mesh tea strainer and pour the hot water over the petals. Cover the mug and allow it to steep 5 minutes or longer, if desired.
- Add optional Wildflower honey or sweetener of choice. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Northeast Foraging: 120 Wild and Flavorful Edibles from Beach Plums to Wineberries (Regional Foraging Series)
- HÖLM 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mesh Micro-Perforated Strainer Colander Set (1-Quart, 2.5-Quart and 4.5-Quart)
- Fu Store 2pcs Stainless Steel Mesh Tea Ball 2.1 Inch Tea Infuser Strainers Tea Strainer Filters Tea Interval Diffuser for Tea
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
- Libbey 10.5-ounce Irish Coffee Mug, 4-piece Set
- Libbey Robusta Glass Mugs, Set of 12
- COSORI Electric Gooseneck Kettle with 5 Variable Presets, Pour Over Coffee Kettle & Tea Kettle, 100% Stainless Steel Inner Lid & Bottom, 1200 Watt Quick Heating, 0.8L, Silver
- Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
- IHUIXINHE Loose Leaf Tea Snap Ball &Tea Mesh Stainless Steel Strainer with Handle (4 Pack) Ball Shape Tea Infuser and Filters
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.