Lilac Flower Sugar is an easy, 2-ingredient Lilac recipe. You can use it as a sweetener on other recipes, desserts or in drinks/beverages. Enjoy this lovely, floral, lilac-scented sugar with your food or dessert.
Lilac Flower Sugar
Hi Everyone, I have a new Lilac flower recipe to share with you today: Lilac Flower Sugar!
This is one of my favorite ways to use Lilac flowers because you can still really smell the scent of the Lilac Flowers because that is one of their most distinctive traits, apart from their visual beauty.
RELATED: Lilac Recipes Collection
Wouldn’t this Lilac Flower Sugar look beautiful sprinkled on a dessert?
RELATED: Sugared Cranberries and 8 Perfect Easter Recipes
RELATED: Dandelion Fritters
RELATED: Lilac Flower Honey and Steamed Broccoli Rabe Rapini
RELATED: Our Food and Lifestyle Mantra and Baked Ham and Lavender Mint Water
RELATED: Cherry Clafoutis Recipe and Galette Recipes and Keto Butter Coffee Recipe
HAVE A GOOD FORAGING BOOKS AND GUIDE
I use the book, “Northeast Foraging” as a guide book, specific to my region. I suggest you also ask people who are experts in foraging in person to give you 2nd options when foraging. Never eat wild food that you are not 100% sure is safe to eat! Remember, always safety first!
RELATED: Liege Belgian Waffles and Rose Water Simple Syrup and Passion Flower Tea
RELATED: Crème Brûlée and Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars and Butterfly Pea Flower Gin Mule
I am compiling all my Lilac (Flower Blossom) recipes in one post, called Lilac Recipes Collection, where I share information about gathering Lilac flowers and other recipes. I will keep it updated every time I add a new Lilac recipe there.
RELATED: Irish Soda Bread and Lemon Recipes Collection and Rice Recipes Collection
RELATED: Lilac Recipes Collection and Mocha Coffee and Tea Recipes Collection
I you try this Lilac Flower Sugar recipe and like it, please let us know in the comments below, and let us know in the comments at the end of the post! Thank you for reading and following along!
RELATED: Wacky Cake and Oatmeal Raisin Cranberry Cookies and How to Make Chrysanthemum Flower Tea and Recipes Readers Are Making Now
RELATED: Salad Recipes Collection and Hops Flower Tea and Meal Prep Recipes Collection
- 1/4 cup Lilac Flowers, no stems or leaves, washed and dry
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar, organic, if possible
- In a sterilized mason jar, add the sugar and then the Lilac flowers, cover the jar with it's lid and then shake. Store in the refrigerator. Shake every 2-3 days to help evenly infuse the lilac blooms into the sugar. Enjoy over desserts or in beverages!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Weck 741 - 0.25 Liter Mold Jars with Lids - 6 Rings and 12 Clamps
- Mason Ball Jelly Jars-4 oz. each - Quilted Crystal Style-Set of 4
- Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.