Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings are a warm, buttery and delicious dessert. They are so easy to make with only 5 ingredients!
Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
Imagine eating these dessert dumplings with warm banana filling, infused with cinnamon and sugar, drizzled with chocolate…
This past weekend it snowed – a lot. I was working on dumpling recipes for the new dumpling series here on Life’s Little Sweets and that’s when Eric came up with this gem of a recipe. He developed it and I have him to thank for the idea!
These Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings taste so good with melted chocolate or Homemade Chocolate Shell drizzled on them at serving. Why not throw some Vanilla Whipped Cream on top while you are at it 🙂
I pan-fried them in butter but you can substitute coconut oil if you are non-dairy.
Eating these Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings was like having a restaurant-quality dessert in the comfort of our own home!
These would be fun to make with friends because if you are making a lot, folding the dumplings can take a little while. You can also just make a small batch using 1 banana.
We recommend only mashing the banana slightly so that the dumpling hold it’s shape as it’s cooking. You can mix the cinnamon sugar in with the mashed banana or sprinkle a little before folding it. As it cooks, it melts and combines resulting in a warm, creamy center that tastes so good!
Each one is bite-size. 1 recipe feeds makes 2 servings. You can easily double or triple the recipe if you need a larger amount. These would be great for entertaining!
They kinda remind me of churros, only with a banana flavor – you could also try drizzling Nutella on them!
Ingredients for Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
- 1 ripe banana
- cinnamon sugar mixture (3 tablespoons granulated sugar & 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon) – for sprinkling in the dumpling before cooking and before serving
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying (You can substitute the same amount coconut oil for a non-dairy option)
- 12 ounce package of square or round wonton wraps (we use square because that’s what’s always at our grocery store, I suggest getting an extra package just in case) We use Nasoya All Natural Wonton Wraps (you will not use the entire package)
- Optional: Homemade Chocolate Shell or melted semi-sweet, milk or dark chocolate (we use dark chocolate)
Kitchen Tools for Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings
- a medium-large skillet
- a small bowl for water when preparing dumplings
- a small bowl for the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- non-stick cooking thongs for frying the dumplings
- Check out the kitchen tools that I use in my Amazon aStore!
I hope you enjoy these Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings, the 2nd recipe in Life’s Little Sweets dumpling series. You can check out a savory dumpling option, Beef Potsticker Wonton Dumplings Recipe (Steamed or Fried) which was the first recipe in the series.
- 1 ripe banana
- cinnamon sugar mixture, (3 tablespoons granulated sugar & 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon) - for sprinkling in the dumpling before cooking and before serving
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter for frying, (You can substitute the same amount coconut oil for a non-dairy option)
- 12 ounce package of square or round wonton wraps, (we use square because that’s what’s always at our grocery store, I suggest getting an extra package just in case) We use Nasoya All Natural Wonton Wraps (you will not use the entire package)
- -small bowl of water for preparing the dumplings
- Optional: Homemade Chocolate Shell or melted semi-sweet, , milk or dark chocolate (we use dark chocolate)
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar. Slightly mash 1 banana in a small bowl. Prepare the dumplings, the amount you make will depend on how large or small you make them. I suggest using a scant teaspoon per square wonton wrapper. Using your fingers, use water on the edges of the wonton wrapper to adhere the sides of the wonton. Sprinkle a pinch of the cinnamon sugar mixture per dumpling.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter in a medium or large skillet, when the butter is melted, fry the dumplings, making sure that they are not touching. Stay close as they cook quickly. Rotate the dumplings as they brown with thongs. Cook them until they are golden brown which is about 3 minutes. Adjust the heat, if necessary, so that they do not burn. When they are done, remove from heat onto a plate, sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture, as desired. Optional: drizzle with Homemade Chocolate Shell or melted chocolate. Enjoy them when they are warm.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 227Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Vegetable Potsticker Dumplings (Steamed or Fried)
- Banana Caramel French Toast Breakfast Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts
- Lemon Water With Honey (Hot)
- Breakfast and Brunch Recipes Collection
- If you like this Banana Cinnamon Sugar Dumplings recipe, check out our Chocolate, Dumplings and Desserts categories.
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What’s your favorite recipe involving banana? Let me know in the comments below! Best, ~Sara
Pin this to your “Starters & Appetizers” and/or “Dessert” board(s)! ⇓