This Ganache Tart recipe is easy yet decadent with a homemade almond (or plain) and butter tart crust and smooth homemade chocolate ganache.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Hi Everyone, this Homemade Chocolate Ganache Tart has an almond and butter homemade crust and it is surprisingly EASY to make! Yay for easy!
The Ganache filling can be made completely on the stovetop (only a 5-10 minute step) and the homemade crust which is a simple pie crust enhanced with almonds is baked in the oven before filling.
You can certainly make this easier by getting store-bought pie crust, no judgment here, whatever it takes to get to a homemade chocolate ganache tart is fine by me.
- 1 tablespoon or less, butter for greasing or Canola oil spray
- semi-sweet or dark chocolate (I used semi-sweet chocolate morsels here but it would be GREAT with dark chocolate, the higher quality the better)
- heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 recipe single crust recipe
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (to add to the single crust recipe)
- finely chopped almonds (to add to the single crust recipe)
- medium sauce pan
- measuring spoons and cups
- wet measure
- kitchen scale
- pie weights (got mine from Amazon, specifically, “Mrs. Anderson’s Baking Ceramic Pie Crust Weights, Natural Ceramic Stoneware”)
- tart pan with removable bottom (I use a Wilton rectangular one here but you can certainly use a round tart pan)
Let me know what occasion you make this Ganache Tart for in the comments below!
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- Chocolate Latte
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes
- Vanilla Whipped Cream
- Chicken Pizza Crust Recipe
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Check out our Recipe & DIY indexes, visit our Home page to view our latest posts & categories, visit our Blog page to see our posts in consecutive order and, our Shop to see our favorite kitchen tools!
Thank you for reading and following along!
This post was first published 8/13/2018 and updated and republished on 3/4/2021
- 1 recipe single crust recipe, search LLS "Single Crust Recipe"
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract, I use organic
- 1.4 cup almonds (measured when whole), finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, I suggest organic
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder, or instant coffee (not regular coffee!)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.5 cups semi-sweet or dark chocolate morsels, or chopped bar, highest quality is best
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, or almond extract
- Prepare "single crust recipe" according to directions and when mixing the ingredients, add in the sugar, almond extract and chopped almonds.
- When the dough is ready, after it's been chilled, roll out into the shape of your tart tin and press into the tin. Prick the bottom with a fork, add a sheet of parchment paper then add your pie weights and bake in 450 degree F oven for 15-20 mins or until the crust is golden and cooked through.
- In a medium saucepan on the stove top, over low-medium heat, add in heavy whipping cream, unsalted butter, espresso powder, stir with a whisk, bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add in the chocolate and pure vanilla extract. Let it sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir in one direction until the chocolate and ingredients are completely combined and smooth. Pour into the cooked tart crust. Allow to cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator to cool completely at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
- Check out our Single Crust Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
5x Pizza Pie Server Cake Holder Transfer Triangular Spade Spatula for Cake Baking Wood Wooden Handle Shovel Stainless Steel
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Wilton Excelle Elite Non-Stick Tart Pan and Quiche Pan with Removable Bottom, 11-Inch
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 287Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.