Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Have you ever made Boba (tapioca pearls) for bubble tea or coffee and wanted to store them for future use? We walk you through how to store these bouncy tapioca pearls to use for future bubble tea drinks!
How to Store Boba
Hi Everyone, if you have ever made a batch of boba (tapioca pearls) to make bubble tea or coffee.
- 1 cup dry, uncooked black tapioca pearls (boba)
- water, for cooking the tapioca pearls and making the sugar syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons granulated white sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons wildflower honey
- slotted spoon
- measuring spoons & cups
- mesh strainer
- 2-cup wet measure
- small-medium saucepan
- lidded jar, for storage
Check out our latest web stories:
Check out our latest recipes and posts:
- Chocolate-Covered Frozen Banana Slices
- How to Meal Plan
- Beet Salad
- Cold Brew Iced Tea
- How to Reduce Food Waste
Our Other Recipes & Posts
- Pea Flower Bubble Milk Tea Whipped Coffee
- How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- Butterfly Pea Flower Milk Tea
- Decaffeinated Dalgona Coffee
If you make this recipe, and like it, please give it a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post.
Thank you for reading and following along!
- Cook the boba (tapioca pearls): Bring a small-medium saucepan filled with water and 1 cup of uncooked tapioca pearls to a boil. When they rise to the top, then they are cooked. Use a slotted spoon to scoop them out or strain them using a mesh strainer making sure to reserve the water to use for the sugar syrup.
- To Make the Sugar Syrup and How to Store the boba: In a jar with a lid, add the cooked tapioca pearls, and add enough water (you can use the water that you cooked the tapioca pearls in) to cover the top of the tapioca pearls. Add the sugar and the honey and stir. Cover and place in the fridge until you need them for a recipe.
- Check out our recipe tutorial on How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 94gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best. If you make this recipe and love it, remember to stop back and give it a 5-star rating – it helps others find the recipe!
- This recipe post was first published on 6/2/2022