Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts is a delicious, savory side dish that needs to make an appearance on your dinner table!
Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts
I think people have an aversion to Brussels sprouts and veggies, in general because at some point in their life they have had them boiled or in some kind of a mushy form. I am telling you that is not the way to have veggies. Vegetables can be so flavorful, and it only gets amplified more when you cook them with complementary spices or in this case savory bacon.
[bctt tweet=”Check out this Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe!” username=”lifeslilsweets”]
I love eating veggies and I like to cook them in a way that really makes them sing, like pan-frying them, which is essentially roasting them on the stove top. Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts has those crispy edges on both the bacon and the Brussels sprouts which give them texture.
For the bacon, I try to find the most natural, uncured bacon there is at the store and go with that. There is absolutely a difference in quality the more premium bacon you use.
Another side dish that goes with Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts is Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 pint of Brussels sprouts, , trimmed and halved
- pepper to taste
- Cook bacon according to instructions on package (on medium low heat), turning over to cook evenly, this can take several minutes but it will depend on the size of the pieces of bacon. Place cooked bacon on a plate covered in paper towels to dry. Set aside. Pour off excess fat, leaving some in the pan to cook the Brussels sprouts.
- In the same pan, on medium-high heat, place Brussels sprouts, cook 5-7 minutes, cover with a spatter screen, then stir allowing them to cook evenly another 5-7 minutes. While the sprouts are cooking, when the bacon is cool enough, you can crumble it up. Turn down the heat if necessary. When they are done, serve tossed with the bacon crumbled. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 226 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 453mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 16g
- If you like this Pan-Fried Bacon Brussels Sprouts recipe, Check out my recipes from Amanda’s Cookin’ | You might also like my #FoodieMamas recipes | Savory category
What’s your favorite way to make Brussels Sprouts? Let me know in the comments below!
Pin this to your “Sides” board! ⇓
Latest posts by Sara Maniez (see all)
- 2019 Thanksgiving Photo Diary - November 30, 2019
- Black Friday Super Sunday Cyber Monday Favorites 2019 - November 29, 2019
- Thanksgiving Menu 2019 - November 28, 2019