This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #TysonGamedayatStopandShop #CollectiveBias
Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks are great for Game Day gatherings, holiday parties and entertaining drop-in guests. I’m featuring
This Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip is so creamy and it has savory bacon, satisfying, sharp, cheddar cheese and cream cheese, delicious ranch flavor and it’s infused with a tempting mixture of sautéed shallot, onion and scallions in butter with rosemary.
Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip
Hey football fans, I have the perfect recipe combination for a game day gathering (or any holiday, event gathering for that matter!), just pair together Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks with this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip! You’ll have a savory, satisfying combination that meets all your entertaining needs while entertaining a house full of sports fans. Who doesn’t love a great dip? They are irresistible – especially, when paired with Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks Buffalo Boneless Chicken Bites and Tyson® Any’tizers®
Just look at those super crispy Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and Tyson® Any’tizers® Buffalo Boneless Chicken Bites and Tyson® Any’tizers®
About Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and
Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips are now even crispier. I like them because they are so easy to whip up whenever you want. I also learned that they are 100% Natural (with no artificial ingredients and are minimally processed), they don’t have any antibiotics, they have all white meat chicken and of course are an excellent source of protein. Tyson® Any’tizers® Buffalo Boneless Chicken Bites and Tyson® Any’tizers®
The onions (shallot, yellow onion and scallions) sauteed in butter and thyme, in the recipe, really add a lot of flavor to this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip.
If you try this Bacon Cheddar Ranch Onion Dip recipe and like it, please let us know in the comments below. Thank you for reading and following along!
- To find a Stop & Shop near you, visit here
- 8 ounces (1 block) regular cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (you can substitute the same amount plain Greek yogurt or a healthier option) *this is a thick dip, fat free sour cream will make the dip a little thinner in consistency
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, regular
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) packet powdered ranch dip
- 6 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 shallot, chopped or sliced
- 1 small-medium yellow onion, chopped or sliced
- 1 bunch scallions (green onion), chopped
- Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and/or Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks Buffalo Boneless Chicken Bites and/or Popcorn Chicken, for dipping
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and/or Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks Buffalo Boneless Chicken Bites and/or Popcorn Chicken according to instructions.
- In a cast iron skillet, over low-medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons unsalted butter and when the butter is melted, add the thyme sprig, chopped shallot, onion and green onion (you can reserve some fresh, chopped green onion for garnishing later at serving). Saute the mixture stirring to combine until the onion mixture is translucent, start to brown around the edges. Turn off heat and set aside, allow to cool and then separate the mixture in half (1/2 will be for mixing in the dip and 1/2 will be for topping) Remove the thyme sprig when the mixture is cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch powder, cheddar cheese, chopped bacon (make sure it's cooled to cold or room temperature) and 1/2 the cooled sauteed onion mixture. Use a handheld, electric mixer to combine.
- Add the dip to a serving bowl and top with the remaining half of the onion mixture. Serve with Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips and/or Tyson® Any’tizers® Snacks Popcorn Chicken, for dipping, enjoy!
- store the dip in an air tight container in the refrigerator
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 88mgSodium: 565mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.