These Easy Braised Baby Carrots are a great side dish with dinner. They are tender and savory and seasoned simply with salt, pepper and butter. (vegan option)
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Easy Braised Baby Carrots
These Easy Braised Baby Carrots are a dinner side favorite in our house. We often have them with a chicken dinner. Carrots are so good for you and we try to have them often. Sometimes cooking them in a simple way like this is the best. They have this savory-sweet flavor going on and it just clean-eating.
We get packaged organic baby carrots and you can swap them out for carrots cut up to the same size.
If you want to make them vegan, just swap the butter for olive oil, canola oil or coconut oil. I have the say that the butter does taste very good with carrots though.
Carrots are one of Eric’s favorite vegetables. I used to feel lukewarm about carrots but the more I read about how good they are for you and the more I tried different ways to have them, the more I came to like them.
They also go well garnished with chopped parsley too.
Try these Easy Braised Baby Carrots as the vegetable side for your family’s next dinner, they are so simple and tasty!
This recipe takes inspiration from Quick-Braised Carrots With Butter from Food.com
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Vegetarian Lasagna
- Breakfast Made Simple and Healthy With Garden Lites Muffins
- Grilled Cheese Ham Sandwich
- Lemon Water With Honey (Hot)
- Banana Caramel French Toast Breakfast Bake
- If you like this Easy Braised Baby Carrots, Check out our Carrots, Dinner and Savory categories on LLS
- Check out our Recipe index and DIY index
What’s your favorite vegetable side dish recipe? Let me know in the comments below!
- 1 (16 ounce) package of baby carrots (I recommend organic)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, , you can substitute regular olive oil or coconut oil for a vegan option
- 1/4 cup water, (can substitute vegetable or chicken broth for more flavor)
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1-2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley for garnishing at serving
- Place all the ingredients in a small or medium saucepan on the stovetop. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. After bringing to a boil, turn the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes covered.
- After 5 minutes, uncover, raise the heat a little to medium, stir and cook until liquid had evaporated.
- Cook a couple minutes longer or until the carrots are tender (don't let them get mushy! You can always test one).
- Salt and pepper to taste and optional garnish with fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 483Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 27gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 383mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.