Cranberry Maple Roasted Butternut Squash is a sweet and savory side to better your Holiday dinner table goals. Serve up this festive, easy-to-make, roasted dish this holiday season! (dairy-free, vegan)
Cranberry Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
With all those casseroles that are served this time of year, it is nice to have a side dish that is simple and fresh with delicious seasonal flavors.
I made this Cranberry Maple Roasted Butternut Squash dairy-free to give an option for a side dish that doesn’t involve any kind of dairy-related sauce to bind it all together and you can clearly see that there’s no dairy in there.
Having a husband who is lactose-intolerant has made me want and need to develop recipes to make that we both can enjoy.
And if you happen to eat something during the holidays that doesn’t agree with your tummy? There’s always IMODIUM® LACTAID® PEPCID®
Walmart has you covered when you are shopping for groceries and you conveniently can pick up any tummy aids over at the pharmacy section.
I suggest putting together a little holiday “tummy” kit for tranquil travels 🙂
There is no oil or butter in this recipe making it a lighten-up side option. If you prefer, feel free to drizzle some regular olive oil.
- 1 medium butternut squash, (1 lb 4 ounces/567 grams), skinned and cubed
- 1/4 cup (a handful) fresh cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, (I used Saigon cinnamon, which is more fragrant)
- 1 tablespoon (a drizzle) of maple agave nectar or pure Maple syrup
- optional: drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine butternut squash cubes, cranberries, cinnamon and agave (or maple syrup) ingredients tossed together on a baking sheet or oven-safe skillet. If you want to also drizzle and toss some olive oil with the other ingredients, at this point you would do that.
- Roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until tender and lightly browned. Salt and pepper to taste at serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 72 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 11g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g
What’s your favorite holiday side dish? Let me know in the comments below! Have a sweet day! Best Wishes, ~Sara
Pin this to your “Holiday” or “Dinner” board(s)! ⇓