Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Asian Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe has pan-Asian flavors of soy sauce, sesame oil, toasted tuxedo sesame seeds, rice vinegar, and cilantro with classic American coleslaw elements like carrots, cabbage, and onion. Try this easy, fresh recipe that is also a fun and flavorful twist on coleslaw!
Table of contents
Asian-Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe
Hi Everyone, having a huge amount of coleslaw on hand has been one of my go-to meal-planning methods lately.
It lasts well in the fridge and I can reinvent it in different meals, for example, it can be used as a side dish, on a sandwich, in a soup, in a bowl with other ingredients – you name it!
This recipe makes a nice large amount which is great for entertaining or meal planning.
I love making coleslaw recipes in the Wintertime because it has a crunchy texture and fresh flavors but it’s well-suited for Spring and summertime too.
Asian-Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe Process Photos
If you try this Asian-Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe, and like it please give the recipe a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post, thank you for reading and following along.
Asian Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe
Asian Inspired Cole Slaw Recipe has pan-Asian flavors of soy sauce, sesame oil, toasted tuxedo sesame seeds, rice vinegar, cilantro with classic American coleslaw elements like carrots, cabbage, and onion. Try this easy, fresh recipe that is also a fun and flavorful twist on coleslaw!
- 1/2 head green cabbage, cored and chopped (you can also substitute the same amount of Napa or Savoy cabbage)
- 3 carrots, ends cut, peeled and sliced into carrot ribbons or shredded
- 1/2 medium yellow onion or Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce, or amount to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons rice vinegar, amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted or tuxedo sesame seeds, plus more for garnishing
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, optional
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add cabbage, carrots, onion, cilantro, olive oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame seeds, optional white pepper, and optional Kosher salt (amount to taste). Toss to combine completely. Adjust flavors, adding more of certain ingredients, if desired. Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
OXO Good Grips 15-Piece Everyday Kitchen Utensil Set
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
Calphalon 5-Piece Nylon Kitchen Cooking Utensil Set
Aidea Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl - 12.5 Inch Hardwood with Servers Set Big Salad Bowl 3-Piece Set
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- This post was originally published on 4/11/2020 and updated and republished on 10/15/2021, 10/23/2022
- How To Parboil Broccoli - June 9, 2023
- Cheesecloth Turkey - June 8, 2023
- Hibiscus Juice - June 7, 2023
Leave a Reply