Ginger Golden Milk is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties and healing agents. It’s vegan, paleo-friendly, and gluten-free too.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Ginger Golden Milk
Golden Milk has been around since ancient times.
Especially, in India, in olden times it was used as medicine because of its antibiotic properties.
Even today Golden milk (haldi ka doodh) is given to people who are recovering from illness or any bruises.
Turmeric has many health benefits. Root turmeric paste is also used as a face mask or in many beauty products.
It’s a versatile ingredient and has many uses for internal and external consumption.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp crushed ginger root
- 1 small pod of root turmeric (crushed)
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- A saucepan
- A spoon
- Mortar and pestle
- Fine strainer
- Serving cups
At this time of the year the temperatures go up and down quite a bit.
2 days back it was chilly and we were snuggling under a warm blanket.
Today it’s nice and toasty outside.
The drawback of this weather is that it brings a lot of viral infections and allergies.
Thanks to this golden milk with root turmeric as the main ingredient we can boost our immune system and also protect ourselves from many infections.
I would highly recommend using fresh root turmeric for this recipe to benefit from the true anti-inflammatory properties of this golden milk.
Also, by using fresh root ginger the taste enhances for this golden milk.
Lastly, make sure to add a pinch of crushed black pepper to even out the sweetness.
Black pepper also helps with cold, cough and congestion.
Ginger Golden Milk is super easy to make and is desirable for any season.
If desired you may use any sweetener of your choice in this recipe in place of brown sugar.
I personally like the thickness and the sweet flavor of brown sugar.
Therefore, I always use brown sugar to sweeten my golden milk.
However, maple syrup would also blend well in this recipe.
Our Other Recipes and Posts
- Anti-Inflammatory Recipes Collection
- Golden Milk Latte on SoFabFood
- Chrysanthemum Golden Milk Chia Pudding
This Ginger Golden Milk recipe post was originally published on 4/28/2018 and updated and republished on 3/15/2020, 3/7/2021
Ginger Golden Milk
Ginger Golden Milk is loaded with anti – inflammatory properties and healing agents. Its vegan, paleo friendly and glute free too.
- In a saucepan combine coconut milk and sugar on a medium flame. Stir it so that the sugar dissolves nicely.
- Then add ginger and turmeric. Stir continuously until golden color starts showing.
- Now add rest of the ingredients and stir again.
- Let it cook at a low flame for 2-3 minutes. (Do not boil).
- In the serving cups strain the warm golden milk and serve immediately.
- Use mortar and pestle to crush ginger and turmeric.
- Make sure to crush ginger and turmeric separately.
- Try to use fresh root turmeric instead of turmeric powder. The taste with root turmeric is definitely better.
- Make sure to strain golden milk before consuming.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. #CommissionsEarned #ad
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Cuisinart CTG-00-3MS Set of 3 Fine Mesh Stainless Steel Strainers
OXO Good Grips Soft-Handled Garlic Press
Health Smart Granite Mortar and Pestle
OXO Good Grips Nylon Ladle
AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.
- How To Parboil Broccoli - June 9, 2023
- Cheesecloth Turkey - June 8, 2023
- Hibiscus Juice - June 7, 2023
Leave a Reply