Air Fryer Egg Rolls are crunchy, savory and loaded with veggie like cabbage, onion, garlic and carrots. They are easy to make in one of our favorite small kitchen appliances, the Air Fryer. (vegan)
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
Hi Everyone, craving a healthier version of your favorite take out egg rolls? Try these Air Fryer Egg Rolls! I have made them to be completely vegan and easy to make in your air fryer.
They are so crunchy in texture and satisfying! They make a great appetizer or if you are just hankering for take out to make at home.
RELATED: Air Fryer Recipes Collection
Our Air Fryer
The air fryer we have: Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature, 6 qt, Aqua *Amazon Affiliate linked in the recipe card
RELATED: Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
Our Other Air Fryer Recipes
I made sure to link to all our other Air Fryer recipes posted on our blog (at the time of writing this post) – be sure to check them out!
RELATED: Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
I give a range for some for some of the ingredient amounts because the size of a cabbage can vary so much and you many want to make more or less depending on how much you have. Please make sure you give a taste to the filling before you wrap the egg rolls to ensure that you are happy with the flavor of the filling before cooking the egg rolls.
RELATED: Air Fryer Kale Chips
RELATED: Air Fryer Beet Chips
RELATED: Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
RELATED: Air Fryer Puff Pastry Pop Tarts
RELATED: Air Fryer French Fries
RELATED: Air Fryer Carrot Fries
I would LOVE to hear about your favorite Air Fryer recipes that you like to make at home, give me some inspiration!
RELATED: Air Fryer Tofu
If you make these Air Fryer Egg Rolls, and like them, please give the recipe a rating in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post. Thank you for reading and following along.
- vegan wrappers (I use Nasoya brand for this recipe)
- small bowl of water (for sealing the egg rolls, as you wrap them)
- 1-3 tablespoons olive oil, regular for brushing on the egg rolls before cooking (Alternately, you can spray with vegetable, Olive oil or Canola oil spray on each side)
- 1/2 head Napa, Savoy or Green cabbage, chopped (outer leaves removed, stem removed, core removed)
- 2-3 medium carrots, ends cut, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or amount to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil *if you just have olive oil, you can make the total amount of oil just olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, regular
- 1-3 teaspoons rice vinegar, depending on your tastes
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/8 fresh ground pepper, amount to taste
- low sodium soy sauce, duck sauce, plum sauce or preferred sauce for dipping
- garnish with green onion, scallions, cilantro or chives
- Make the vegetable filling: In a large mixing bowl, add the cabbage, onion, carrot, sesame oil, olive oil, salt, pepper
- Assemble the Egg Rolls: Set up your work space where you will assemble the egg rolls, add 1/4-1/2 cup of the filling (i.e. a large cutting board)
- Cook the Egg Rolls: Arrange the assembled egg rolls in the Air Fryer basket so that they are not touching. Cook at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes or until golden (make sure to check on the half way through. Flip over and cook on the other side for 3-4 minutes (since the Air Fryer is already preheated, it will take less time to cook the other side). Be careful to check on them so that they do not burn. When they are done, you can garnish with more cilantro (or scallions/green onion or chives) serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- I give a range for some for some of the ingredient amounts because the size of a cabbage can vary so much and you many want to make more or less depending on how much you have. Please make sure you give a taste to the filling before you wrap the egg rolls to ensure that you are happy with the flavor of the filling before cooking the egg rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Aidea Acacia Wooden Salad Bowl - 12.5 Inch Hardwood with Servers Set Big Salad Bowl 3-Piece Set
Delling 8 in Ultralight Ceramic Dessert/Appetizer Plates, Rectangular Salad Plates for Fruit, Cheese, Dessert, Lunch and More - Set of 6, White
OXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
OXO Good Grips Large Wooden Slotted Spoon
OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush - Large
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
Dash DFAF455GBAQ01 Deluxe Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature 6 qt Aqua
Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife, 8-Inch Chef's FFP
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 235Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 401mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.