I walk you through How To Make Pizza Dough with this quick and easy recipe. This pizza dough tutorial has only 5 minutes resting time allowing you to bake up some homemade pizza faster than you think is possible and you can customize it with your favorite toppings! (1 recipe makes 2 individual pizzas or 1 large pizza)
Disclosure: Some links in this post are affiliate links which means I earn a commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you. I only recommend brands and products that I 100% like and enjoy using. Thank you in advance for your support!
How To Make Pizza Dough
Hi Everyone, I love a good pizza night. This recipe makes having pizza night at home entirely possible! I have done homemade pizza just using my No Knead Bread recipe before and that works out awesome but I wanted a recipe that’s just a little more meant to be pizza from the get go.
I recently did this recipe for a pizza night where we invited family over and it worked out great. We had a few different pizza flavors and there was plenty to feed everyone because I made 3 dough recipes which yielded 6 pizzas.
I have included pictures of every step to make the dough for this tutorial and I think you will find it very straight forward and easy to follow.
How To Make Pizza Dough Process Photos
The full printable recipe is down at the bottom of the post but here are some step-by-step photos to walk you through the process. I made notes of some of my favorite tools that I use for making the pizza dough as well.
- Prepare a floured surface. I use a pastry mat.
I just use a 2 cup Pyrex wet measure for mixing the yeast, oil and water.
For the flour, I love King Arthur Bread Flour.
I use Hodgson Mill corn meal and spread it on a Silpat silicone mat (you can also use parchment paper to lay the pizza on)
I use a dough scraper for kneading and dividing the dough – it’s such a useful tool in any kind of bread making.
I suggest putting flour on the rolling pin.
I use a French rolling pin, I feel that it has more control.
You can roll it out thin if you prefer thin crust pizza or slightly thicker if you want it thicker. I usually roll it out to be 10-11 inches in diameter.
If you make this pizza dough recipe, please let me know what you decide to top it with in the comments below!
- 1 (.25 ounces) package active dry yeast, I use Hodgson Mill quick rise brand
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 cup warm water, 110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour, I use King Arthur brand, if you don't have bread flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour, have extra flour on hand for rolling out the dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, regular
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon corn meal, I like Hodgson Mill brand
- Prepare a floured surface.
- In the warm cup of water, add the package of yeast, 2 tablespoons olive oil and sugar, set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine bread flour and kosher salt.
- Add the yeast-water mixture to the flour mixture and combine completely.
- Put dough onto the prepared floured surface and using a dough scraper or your hands to knead 10 times to form a ball. Divide in half. You can rest the dough for 5 minutes to relax it, if necessary.
- Using a floured rolling pin, take each ball one at a time and roll out into a 10 inch round shape.
- Carefully transfer the dough to the baking surface. I just pick it up by the ends and do it quickly, you can always flip it over or if you don't want to take any chances, roll the dough out on the actual baking surface.
To Cook the Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add desired toppings to prepared pizza dough.
- Bake on a pizza stone or a half sheet covered with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet that has corn meal spread on it (or sprayed with Canola oil) for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- After baking, allow the pizza to cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Meaurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Measuring Cup, Red Graphics, Clear
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 984 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 822mg Carbohydrates: 166g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 2g Protein: 23g
If you like this How to Make Pizza Dough recipe tutorial, you might also like 5-Ingredient White Pizza.
This recipe is inspired by Quick and Easy Pizza Crust.