Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is a delicious, flavorful, all-around salad dressing that works great as a marinade for meat and veggies too!
Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
Hi Everyone, my Summer salad dressing, is this Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing. It’s light, super flavorful and goes with a wide variety of salads.
It’s especially wonderful around tomato season and it goes well with basil – both of which I always grow in my garden and can get in my Summer season CSA share box.
This dressing can really be enjoyed year-round. It’s light, sharp and I would consider it a healthy salad dressing because it has olive oil and vinegar at it’s base.
If you need it to be sweeter, you can add some honey which goes with the other ingredient flavors surprisingly well.
This dressing can keep for several months in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
In the recipe card, I link (Amazon Affiliate) to my favorite salad shaker by OXO for making salad dressings.
I like it so much that I am considering getting another one which will come in handy for storing dressings in the fridge and for entertaining.
You can also just use a lidded mason jar which is what I previously always used before I got my salad shaker.
This Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing recipe is adapted from my Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing recipe in my recent Tomato Salad recipe post.
I would love to know what salad recipe you would have this dressing with? Please let me know in the comments!
If you make this Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing and like it, please rate the recipe in the recipe card below and let us know in the comments at the end of the post (a huge thank you in advance!).
Thank you for reading and following along!
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or amount to taste
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- drizzle of Wildflower honey, or amount to taste *you can omit this, if you do not want any sweetness in the dressing
- Kosher salt, amount to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, amount to taste
- In a salad shaker, add all the ingredients and shake until evenly combined. Alternately, you can use a bowl and whisk or make it in a blender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Totally Bamboo Salt Box, Bamboo Storage Box with Magnetic Swivel Lid, "Salt" Engraved on Lid
- Vitamix 5200 Blender Professional-Grade, Self-Cleaning 64 oz Container, Black - 001372
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Pyrex Smart Essentials 8-Piece Mixing Bowl Set
- AmazonBasics Stainless Steel Wire Whisk Set - 3-Piece
- Ball Mason Jar Pint Wide Mouth Clear Glass W/Lids and Bands, 16-Ounces (Set of 4)
- OXO Good Grips Little Salad Dressing Shaker, Black
- OXO Good Grips Lewis Pepper Mill
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 44gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.