Taking a bite of these Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies is like taking a bite of a marshmallow that is crisp on the outside and soft and chocolate-y on the inside.
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies
I highly recommend dipping these lovelies into the leftover melted chocolate – that is if there is any!
Perhaps served warm with fresh berries, ice cream, whipped cream – you name it 🙂
Oh, I have some ideas, people!
I will add that these go amazingly with a fresh, hot cup of coffee.
That is key, we want our coffee fresh and hot and right away in the morning.
I usually drink my coffee with half and half but with these, it’s good black without anything in it.
You could also do milk as I did as well for this photoshoot – just look at those cute heart straws!
When I saw those, I was like, ‘I know who’s “co-starring” with the Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies!’
Here’s looking at you Valentine’s Day!
I envision a couple, out there somewhere, enjoying these Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies over a candlelight table after dinner, with candles purchased handmade from Etsy perhaps, sipping whole organic milk from these paper heart straws same mason jar, staring into each other’s eyes, and then recycling the paper straws after use…okay, you get the picture…that would be a nice Valentine’s Day 🙂
- I added the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer – It has served me very well in many of my recipes and whips up an excellent meringue.
This recipe makes 9 cookies, the perfect amount to make for sitting and binge-watching your favorite Netflix show (⇐not kidding)…And maybe have some to share with the family 😉 Like, of course, SHARE these with your loved ones!
These Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies are different versions of my Almond Meringue Kisses.
I changed the amounts of some of the ingredients, the ingredients, and the baking time.
Below is a collage of the process of making Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies start to finish 🙂
Here are the other #FoodieMamas recipes using Chocolate as an ingredient for February!
Please take the time to check out each one!
- Double Chocolate Skinny Baked Donuts from Chrissie at The Busy Baker – Don’t these donuts look like they would be the perfect match for your morning coffee?
- Dark Chocolate Panna Cotta with Fresh Blackberries from Ali at Home and Plate – I have never tried Panna Cotta and looking at these, I think I need to!
- Fondant Filled Chocolates from Deepika of Easy Baby Meals – One
or tenof these would definitely brighten myanyone’s day!
- Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate from Emily at The Best of this Life – I have been craving hot chocolate to warm up this winter, this looks like the perfect place to start!
- Brownie Bottom Cookie Dough Cheesecake from Amanda at The Chunky Chef – Wow, this Cheesecake looks like a dream! I need this in my
- Flourless Chocolate Almond Torte from Manju Cooking Curries – Having all the chocolate and none of the
guiltgluten makes this cake a winner!
- Chocolate Brownie Waffles from Kaitie of Fuchsia Freezer – Um, who wouldn’t want to wake up to HEART SHAPED CHOCOLATE BROWNIE WAFFLES – ARE Starbucks White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss BarsYOU KIDDING ME?
- Starbucks White Chocolate Cranberry Bliss Bars from Sabrina of Dinner, then Dessert – Oh, it is so nice to see white chocolate – how perfectly these are paired with cranberries 🙂
- If you like this recipe, then you might like: Almond Meringue Kisses | Mocha and Chocolate Covered Holiday Cookies | Pumpkin Spice Bread #FoodieMamas
If you make Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies and post a picture on social media, be sure to #lifeslittlesweets #FoodieMamas and link back to the post, thank you in advance!
- Bunny Bait
- Bubble Coffee Recipe (Boba Coffee)
- How to Prepare Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- No-Knead Bread
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- 3 large egg whites, (tip: it is easier to separate the eggs when they are cold)
- 3/4 cup sugar, (caster sugar or confectioner's sugar, so the mixture isn't gritty)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line 1 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tip: make sure that your mixing bowl is totally clean, any bit of grease or egg yolk and the meringue will not whip. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip egg whites on high until foamy. Sprinkle in cream of tartar and continue whipping on high until soft peaks. Gradually, add in sugar and the vanilla extract. Whip until stiff peaks form.
- Melt chocolate morsels in microwave, 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between until melted.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of the meringue - do not mix in! - using 2 large spoons, spoon out meringue (I usually get 9 cookies on 1 sheet). This is where the artistry comes in, you don't want over mix the chocolate-meringue mixture so you get those nice swirls! Bake for 40-50 mins in oven until the cookies come off the parchement easily. 40 mins usually works best for me. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @lifeslittlesweets and hashtag it #lifeslittlesweets
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 2g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.