This Pumpkin Spice Bread yields 2 generous loaves and can be customized with your favorite toppings and Vanilla Coconut Icing! Bring this favorite to your next holiday gathering! Be sure to check out the other #FoodieMamas pumpkin recipes below!
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Table of contents
Pumpkin Spice Bread
Hi Everyone, I am honored to have been invited to participate in the #FoodieMamas monthly recipe roundup by Chrissie Baker from The Busy Baker (Thank you Chrissie!).
Every month, there will be a new ingredient picked by one of the #FoodieMamas and March 2016 is my month to chose an ingredient!
This month’s ingredient is pumpkin which is timely because I have been waiting to unveil my Pumpkin Spice Bread recipe which I have been baking since the end of the Summer.
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9x5x3 inch loaf pans (I usually use coconut oil to grease the pans).
- In a large mixing bowl, beat oil and sugar on medium speed, until combined (scrape downsides, if necessary), then add the eggs and mix until combined.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine evenly flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Add the flour mixture to the sugar/oil mixture in 1/2 cup scoops and alternately add the 2/3 cup of water until fully incorporated. Add pumpkin puree until combined (you may need to use a baking spatula to scrape down the sides and the bottom of the mixing bowl so that the pumpkin puree fully incorporated). Divide batter evenly into both prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour *see note below on baking time. When the loaves are done, take out and allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, carefully remove from pans and allow to cool completely on wire racks. If you used chocolate chips as a topping, they will be warm and melty, I suggest using a couple of silicone spatulas to remove the loaves carefully. Serve warm with some Vanilla Coconut Icing!
- Sugar: You can substitute with coconut sugar to make this naturally sweet
- Pumpkin Purée: I like Libby's Organic Pumpkin Purée
- These loaves are generously sized. I added on an extra 20 mins beyond the 1 hour to get them to be cooked through the center, giving a total cook time of 1 hour. Just pay attention to your loaves as they get close to being done, you can test them by inserting a knife in the center, if they are done, they should pull out clean. If you are concerned about the tops getting over browned, in the last 15-20 mins you can put a vented foil tent over the tops.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ultra Cuisine 100% Stainless Steel Wire Cooling Rack for Baking fits Half Sheet Pans Cool Cookies, Cakes, Breads - Oven Safe for Cooking, Roasting, Grilling - Heavy Duty Commercial Quality
- KitchenAid Professional 6-Quart Stand Mixer Satin Polished Metal (Copper Metal) (Renewed)
- KitchenAid KHM512ER 5-Speed Ultra Power Hand Mixer, Empire Red
- KitchenAid KSM150PSER Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield, 5-Quart, Empire Red
- Gorilla Grip Original Reversible Cutting Board (3-Piece) BPA Free, Dishwasher Safe, Juice Grooves, Larger Thicker Boards, Easy Grip Handle, Non Porous, Extra Large, Kitchen (Set of Three: Black)
- Mercer Culinary Millennia 10-Inch Wide Bread Knife
- Homestia Gold Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Stainless Steel 8 PIECE for Dry and Liquid Ingredients Engraved Measurement Heavy Duty Baking & Cooking Utensils
- Wilton Easy Flex Silicone Spatula Set, Your Go-To Tools for Mixing, Folding, Scraping, Cooking and Serving., Blue, 3-Piece
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Pyrex Prepware 2-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- USA Pan Bakeware Aluminized Steel Loaf Pan 1140LF 8.5 x 4.5 x 3 Inch, Small, Silver
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 3864Total Fat: 179gSaturated Fat: 37gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 135gCholesterol: 372mgSodium: 3183mgCarbohydrates: 535gFiber: 23gSugar: 360gProtein: 55g
Please note that the Calculated Nutrition is an estimate at best.